VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Upgrading to Vegas Pro

Upgrading to Vegas Pro was created by Holeintheday

Posted 12 Dec 2022 01:41 #1
I'm thinking of upgrading to Vegas Pro 20 from MS17, but I understand there is no way to burn DVD or Blu-ray disc's.
I have a new Windows 11 machine with more than the recommended specs.  Would DVDA 7 run on Windows 11.  It is the version I received with MS14.  It runs great on my Windows 10 machine, just didn't know how it does on 11.
If that is not an option, does anyone have any recommendations for a good DVD/Blu-ray disc authoring program?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Upgrading to Vegas Pro

Posted 12 Dec 2022 14:30 #2
Unfortunately disc burning is declining so there aren't many disc authoring programmes nowadays.

You could download the 30 day trial of VP20 to check on disc burning.  My impression is it may still burn single movies.

As for DVDA on Win11 many of us still on Win10 would like to know.  Have you tried installing it on your Win11 machine?
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Upgrading to Vegas Pro

Posted 13 Dec 2022 19:11 #3
DVD Architect works on Windows 11 - no problems at all.
I've been on Windows 11 for ages now and never experienced any problems running older software programs.
In fact, I have found Windows 11 to be better than Windows 10 - however, in saying that, a positive experience with Windows 11 is dependent on having a modern computer using the latest hardware.
I would not recommend using Windows 11 on an old computer.

I used to use DVD Architect quite a lot and was very sad when they retired the program, however, I have to admit it is very rare for me to create any discs now.
Discovering PLEX changed my life. I keep investing in large capacity Hard Drives (10 TB) and now just stream everything over my home network.
For family projects, I just buy some USB drives and share them instead of physical discs.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.671 seconds