VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Vegas Pro 18 Edit locking up. Have to restart computer

Vegas Pro 18 Edit locking up. Have to restart computer was created by tuppers

Posted 17 Mar 2023 03:28 #1
Hi Folks,
Vegas pro was working fine until I finished and rendered a video yesterday. I have cleared the cache twice and I have reinstalled the program from the original disc. When I open yesterday's video the thumbnails for the individual GoPro files and still photos in the media bins do not show up and any buttons I click on have no effect. The only way to exit the program is to restart my computer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Last Edit:01 Apr 2023 14:51 by tuppers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 18 Edit locking up. Have to restart computer

Posted 01 Apr 2023 14:53 #2
Hi Tuppers

Just got out of hospital after surgery 2 weeks ago.

Have you resolved your problem or do you still need help ?

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by tuppers on topic Vegas Pro 18 Edit locking up. Have to restart computer

Posted 01 Apr 2023 18:17 #3
Hi Derek,
Thanks for getting back to me and I'm really please your surgery went well...we have spoken on email 
This problem occurred on one particular project which I have now completed. However, it has happened on other projects when I'm using Titler Pro 7 within Vegas Pro rather than stand alone. You have kindly replied to my post about a replacement laptop and the problem may well have something to do with my Nvidia GPU?
Kind regards
Tuppers (Ian)
by tuppers

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 18 Edit locking up. Have to restart computer

Posted 02 Apr 2023 18:40 #4
Titler Pro 7 inside of VEGAS Pro, has been rock solid on my computer - no crashes ever, compared to older versions of TP7.
TP7 does prefer a modern GPU.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by tuppers on topic Vegas Pro 18 Edit locking up. Have to restart computer

Posted 03 Apr 2023 05:42 #5
Thought that may be the problem Derek. Look forward to receiving your suggestions on a replacement laptop 
by tuppers

Posted 05 Apr 2023 19:28 #6
Derek, for completeness I have attached a screenshot of the error message which appears when Vegas Pro locks up. It only occurs when I'm using Titler Pro 7 within Vegas. Hopefully a more modern GPU will resolve this issue  

Last Edit:07 Apr 2023 12:56 by tuppers

Posted 09 Apr 2023 20:36 #7

Derek, for completeness I have attached a screenshot of the error message which appears when Vegas Pro locks up. It only occurs when I'm using Titler Pro 7 within Vegas. Hopefully a more modern GPU will resolve this issue  

Sorry for the delay in replying to your last messages (re: computer recommendations, etc...)
Since I last spoke to you, I ended up in my local hospital and was gravely ill for 36 hours. I developed "chemical meningitis" and suffered from brain swelling and irritation of the brain.
Long story short, I am back home and OK now. I'm taking some extremely powerful steroids that are working wonders. I'll have to slow down a bit and be more patient in my recovery.

That error message you are reporting, probably has nothing to do with your old GPU.
It looks more like a program / files permissions problem.
Something is corrupted in how your Titler Pro files are being saved.
If you had an older version of a more basic NewBlue Titler program installed on your computer, before you installed Titler Pro 7, it may have caused the problem you are seeing now.
You may want to try and clean the Titler Pro cache?
Should be located here: C:\Users\**Your User Name**\AppData\Local\Temp\Titler Pro

You may also find this folder in Documents here:
\Users\**Your User Name**\Documents\NewBlue

NewBlue programs are a real pain, especially if you have been using older versions on the same computer, and installing newer versions over the years.
It's up to you, but you may want to consider doing a complete un-install of all NewBlue stuff on computer and then a clean install of NewBlue (including Titler Pro 7 etc..)
If you want to give that a go, I'll send you the full instructions - using a program called REVO uninstaller - this is a miracle program remover, that fixes most problems with bad installs.

Posted 09 Apr 2023 22:35 #8
Hi Derek,
I'm sorry you've had such a bad time but it sounds like you're on the right track now.
Thanks for your reply. As far as I can tell I have cleared the Titler Pro cache and the only New Blue program that I have listed is Titler Pro 7. I did have Titler Pro Express before but that was removed when I installed Pro 7.
If you wouldn't mind sending me the instructions for Revo, I'll give that a go. My PC could probably do with a good clean up!
Thank you.
by tuppers

Posted 20 Apr 2023 14:49 #9
I posted instructions on how to use REVO Uninstaller, here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/vegas-pro/3215-titler-pro-7-not-opening-after-installing-vegas-pro-20#15989
You can adapt these instructions for any program that is not working properly.

For REVO to work well, what I recommend you do is to reinstall any program that was causing problems first. Then use REVO to do the uninstall.
When you do a normal uninstall using Windows, it does not actually remove ALL of the program components, but instead leaves fragments behind.
REVO can find all the bits left behind and completely remove the crap.

When it comes to NewBlue FX, I recommend uninstalling ALL NBFX programs, even if only one NBFX program is not working properly.
Then re-boot the computer and only reinstall what you actually use.
I also recommend doing the FULL PROGRAM RESEST for VEGAS Pro, every time you do a reinstall of 3rd party FX like NBFX.
This will force a clean re-scan of all 3rd party FX on your system and stop old crap from getting mixed up with new stuff.

Posted 20 Apr 2023 20:53 #10
Thank you for that Derek.
I've done everything you suggested. I've reinstalled Titler Pro 7 and reset Vegas 18 Edit but I'm still getting the error message I posted on 5 April when I open Titler Pro 7 inside Vegas. It doesn't happen every time I work in Titler Pro but when it does I have to restart my laptop. I am seriously considering buying one of the replacement laptops you kindly sourced for me and hopefully that will resolve the issue.
Many thanks for the time you have spent on both these issues and a wee donation is on its way 
Best wishes for a continued recovery
Tuppers (Ian)

by tuppers
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.979 seconds