VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Upgrade from MSP17

• Brian
  • Brian's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 11

Upgrade from MSP17 was created by Brian

Posted 28 Mar 2023 03:36 #1
My current laptop is now around 9 years old and I was thinking of replacing it.  I have MSP17 and see that Magix are promoting Vegas edit 19.  Is this similar in use to MSP17 and would it be best to upgrade to it or would that not be permitted by Magix .or perhaps not a good idea.  Would DVD Architect work with Vegas Edit?  Also I presume it would be best to have windows 10 on the new machine not windows 11.

Brian.
Last Edit:01 Apr 2023 15:44 by Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Robbie on topic Upgrade from MSP17

Posted 31 Mar 2023 01:09 #2
Hi Brian
Vegas Edit is essentially the big brother and more fully featured version of the now discontinued MSP line of editors so you should find it relatively easy to make the transition, although I think it would be Vegas 20 rather than 19 that is currently available.  You can also keep your MSP17 even if you do the upgrade.  I have Vegas pro (edit version) 18 and it works well with DVDA so assume it will also with files from VP 19 and VP 20.  I can't comment on the win 10 vs 11 question though as I'm still using Win 10.
Cheers, Robbie
PS if you do decide to upgrade it will help this site if you make the purchase by clicking on the banner heading on this page.
Last Edit:01 Apr 2023 15:46 by Robbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by vkmast on topic Upgrade from MSP17

Posted 31 Mar 2023 01:34 #3
There is currently an email offer for users of VEGAS Pro 18 (and earlier) and VEGAS Movie Studio..They could upgrade to VEGAS Edit 19 at  a rather tempting price.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

• Brian
  • Brian's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 11

Replied by Brian on topic Upgrade from MSP17

Posted 31 Mar 2023 02:20 #4
Thanks for your reply.. When I load MSP17 I get a panel offering Vegas edit 19 for $39.99.  I see at the top of this page, that Edit 20 is $119.99.  As I am not a professional videographer but merely an amateur making my holiday movies.  

Regards, Brian
Last Edit:01 Apr 2023 15:46 by Brian

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.738 seconds