VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved VEGAS Pro 19 & 20 won't start. What can I do?

I am using Windows 10. I have uninstalled and re-installed Pro 19 several times. It starts to open, then quits and vanishes without ever opening. It was working, then there was a Windows update today and now it won't work. I also tried to download and register a trial version of Pro 20. It does the same thing. I am still able to open  Pro 14 and 16, but not 19 or 20.
Suggestions?
Last Edit:07 May 2023 18:47 by NashvilleSideStreets

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic VEGAS Pro 19 & 20 won't start. What can I do?

Posted 04 May 2023 18:43 #2
Last Edit:04 May 2023 19:10 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VEGAS Pro 19 & 20 won't start. What can I do?

Posted 04 May 2023 18:48 #3

Known issue.  Go to the Vegas forum.  There's a new build for 20.  19 is still being worked on.

www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-20-build-403-emergency-update-available--140781/

www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/urgent-vegas-pro-opening-problem--140757/
Thanks for posting information about this problem Eric.
I didn't know about this until now.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:04 May 2023 19:09 by DoctorZen

Replied by NashvilleSideStreets on topic VEGAS Pro 19 & 20 won't start. What can I do?

Posted 05 May 2023 02:01 #4
Thank you so much. We will wait for the fix and, meanwhile, unplugging from the internet before opening Vegas WORKED.

Replied by vkmast on topic VEGAS Pro 19 & 20 won't start. What can I do?

Posted 06 May 2023 20:04 #5
And the PATCH: VEGAS Pro 19 Build 651 is linked here:   www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/patch-vegas-pro-19-build-651--140801/             
by vkmast

Replied by Kittster on topic VEGAS Pro 19 & 20 won't start. What can I do?

Posted 09 May 2023 02:41 #6
Thank you Derek.  Downloading the Patch worked for me.  Simply disconnecting and opening Vegas did not work.  The last time I closed it I had closed the previous project, so maybe that had something to do with it.  I had a lot of difficulty installing that 370 build patch, but manually downloading your 403 from their site fixed the issue for me.
Fortunately I did not have a major project in the works, but was merely testing different USB Mics and wanted to make sure that they worked with Vegas.
Hope all is well.
Kitt & Cindy Prible

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.853 seconds