DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Video clips look bad from Samsung Galaxy A50 phone

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Video clips look bad from Samsung Galaxy A50 phone was created by Michel

Posted 04 Aug 2023 00:52 #1
Hi,

Made a few video clips with my Galaxy A50 cell. phone recently. Usually the clips that are made with that phone are pretty decent, but for some weird reason they came out fuzzy and shaky. 

I've been searching the web for a free Open source app. or even a trial based app. to fix my problem to no avail. If someone had a good suggestion (s), I'd be happy to try it...thanks.

I'm adding a clip as an example of the poor quality I'm talking about and hoping to find an app. to improve it. 

Michel 
Last Edit:09 Aug 2023 13:10 by Michel
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Video clips look bad from Samsung Galaxy A50 phone

Posted 09 Aug 2023 13:07 #2
I don't see anything "blurry" in that screen shot you uploaded.
The only thing that sticks out is the pink/purple colour tint.
Was there pink/purple lighting present when this video was shot ?

If it didn't look that pnk in real life, then pink/purple and/or green colouring in videos means the video was shot using Dolby Vision HDR.
Dolby Vision is only supported by a very small number of devices.
Dolby Vision is NOT supported on Windows, as far as I am aware.
Only certain TV models support Dolby Vision.

You should be able to turn off HDR and/or Dolby Vision in your phones settings.

If you Google search "Dolby Vision Purple/Green tint", you will find many forum posts and articles on this topic.

If the video looks shaky, you need to check the Menus in your phone and turn on Stabilization - it may have a fancy different name in Samsung phones - I'm not sure. I use a Sony phone and they call stabilization "Steady Shot".

I recommend downloading the manual for your phone and reading it, so you know where to find Video recording settings,

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 Aug 2023 13:09 by DoctorZen

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by Michel on topic Video clips look bad from Samsung Galaxy A50 phone

Posted 09 Aug 2023 21:43 #3
Hi Derek,

I should have given you a rendered photo in the previous post. The attached file is a rendered picture that you could not include in any bad quality video for its awful quality. The results were the same either for the rendering with VP 16 and 19. I will definitly consider the settings you propose in your answer.

All the pictures I took on our recent trip in Las Vegas were made using my phone. I found it more practicle to use a phone from my pocket that a camera from a huge case...I got my lesson. By chance the couple with whom we made the trip did make great photos and clips with their phones. Therefore the final project in pretty decent.

Thanks for your answer Derek and have a great one.

Michel. 
by Michel
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.057 seconds