VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Pre-render doesn't work when the project contains audio / Rendering starts slowly

• frog
  • frog's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
What version of VEGAS Pro are you using?
(FYI. It hasn't been 'Sony' Vegas since version 13)
- Vegas Pro 20 build 411

What exact graphics card do you have in your PC?
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 and I have 8 GB RAM, Intel Core i5-2400

What version of Windows are you running?
- Windows 10

Is it a pirated copy of VEGAS?
It's okay if it is just abide by the rules and you won't get permanently banned
- Yes, it's a pirated version.

Have you searched the subreddit using keywords for this issue yet?
- Yes.Have you Googled this issue yet?
- Yes, and increase dynamic RAM, turn on/off GPU does not help.It used to work fine, but since I upgraded to 20 it's been doing the same thing in older versions too and I don't know why.

Does this with any audio format (mp3, waw), unless it contains none. I can't open some of my old projects because it can't pre-render them. Render as takes a long time to start for some reason not likely in the past when it starts immediately.
Last Edit:09 Aug 2023 13:44 by frog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Frog

It looks like you have copied and pasted your message from another forum, because it sounds like you have been speaking to someone else already?
I don't know why you wrote (FYI. It hasn't been 'Sony' Vegas since version 13)
I am fully aware that VEGAS is no longer called "Sony" Vegas.

Since you are using a Pirated version of VEGAS pro, that is the most likely cause of your problem.
This is because certain Video Codecs need to be registered/activated with MAGIX, when you add videos that use certain codecs.
If this codec is not activated, it means things like audio may not work properly.

Pre-Rendering is working 100% OK with VEGAS Pro 20 on my own computer.
After pre-rendering, all audio content is working OK.

I recommend returning Dynamic RAM Preview Max = 200MB (or 5%)
The Dynamic RAM Preview Max setting, has nothing to do with timeline performance or rendering performance.
It also has nothing to do with the Pre-Rendering function, unless you are talking about the Shift + B function.
Allocating high amounts to this setting will actually "take away" from available RAM for normal editing and rendering and make things much worse!!!
This setting is only used for doing "temporary" renders of very small sections of your timeline, so that you can preview small sections with FX applied and NOT see any stuttering/lag in the Preview Window. If you have a small section (5 to 10 seconds) you would like to preview at full resolution (like a transition point), you create a small "Loop Region" by dragging the yellow triangles above timeline ruler, then press Shift + B. This small section will then be rendered into the RAM only. Play it back to view in Preview. This is ONLY TIME you would dramatically increase the Dynamic RAM Preview Max amount, so there is enough allocated RAM for doing Shift + B temporary renders.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.738 seconds