DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Trouble synchronizing sound effect with video track

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Trouble synchronizing sound effect with video track was created by Michel

Posted 03 Sep 2023 21:00 #1
Hi,

I'm trying to synch a clip on a timeline and an effect oh the other just underneath so that they will synch when rendered?

I have a very short clip of two glasses of wine clinking silently because there is no sound effect. Found one and placed it on a separate timeline just underneath the clip so both of them would be in synch so I could here the clinking when the glasses touch. At this point no problem.

When I render the whole project where that part is included I have more than an hour to wait before I can see the result. After more than five tries, the sound is out of synch by a fraction of a second.I did displace the sounf effect by a fraction of second and rendered to no avail...does anyone please have a fix? Thanks.

Michel
Last Edit:04 Sep 2023 16:35 by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Trouble synchronizing sound effect with video track

Posted 04 Sep 2023 16:58 #2
Hi Michel

The first thing I recommend you do, is to create a new test project.
Import only the short glass clink video and sound effect audio track
To get the best sync, make sure to "Zoom In" on the timeline (using wheel of mouse), so that you are down to the Frame by Frame level. Each frame mark on the Timeline Ruler, should be about 1 cm apart.
Glasses connecting should be in the centre. Grab hole of Timeline Cursor with Mouse pointer and drag left/right to find connection point.

I found a random video on YouTube of what you want to achieve.
It looks like the sound actually starts a short time after you see the glasses connect.
On a 2nd Audio Track below, I imported a sound effect from my own library of sound effects, and placed it about one frame after glasses connect.
Doing this created a perfect sync.

If you get it to work in the test project, select both video and audio parts and press G for Group, so that they are now locked together.
You can them copy and paste synced items back into your main project.

If you still can't work it out, upload your .veg file of test project, short video and sound effect to Google Drive, and share the link on the forum here. I can then download your test project and check it out.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by Michel on topic Trouble synchronizing sound effect with video track

Posted 04 Sep 2023 23:03 #3

File Attachment:

File Name: Glassofwin...king.veg
File Size:13 KB

Hi Derek,

My glass of wine klinking doesn't work. I'm attaching a veg file made with VP20. Both files were Grouped and not only that I rendered it as a mp4 file and it is still out of sinc when rendering within the project where that file is included. Out of means...thanks for the help.

Michel 
Last Edit:05 Sep 2023 15:33 by Michel

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Trouble synchronizing sound effect with video track

Posted 05 Sep 2023 15:35 #4
I will need a copy of your video and audio file as well !!!
The .veg file does not contain source media.

Upload to Google Drive, if you have a Google account.
drive.google.com/drive/my-drive
Once uploaded, you can create a download link to share.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 06 Sep 2023 02:04 #5
Hi Derek,

Before I leave you the media files, I'm trying something that might work. I rendered the last 25 seconds of my project that lasts 53 minutes. That render is called Project 2. My synch problem is situated 6 seconds before the end of my project. By trial and error, (6 renders) I finished by synching the klinking of my glasses of wine with the ding sound. Short time of 10 seconds of rendering every time.

Now I'm rendering the first part of my project 53 minutes minutes 25 seconds, Project 1.

When that is finished I will join both Projects hoping that the klinking will not be disturb and will ding at the right moment...I'll let you know in a few minutes.

Michel
by Michel

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 08 Sep 2023 23:01 #6
Hi Derek,

I'm still stuck with my sync. issue. I don't understand why the voice and movement of mouth are easily in sync and the ding of two glasses touching is out of sync, and I just can't seem to fix it. I DL an hour ago a mp4 file of glasses of wine klinking (jut notice that I cannot attach it to my message). I inserted that file in my project, rendered it and again still out of sync. I did (G)roupe, my two Vid. & Aud. files from my original files but as soon as they get rendered within my project, out of sync? So my last test (see previous message) did not work

You suggest that I DL on the Google drive, I don't have access to that, I don't understand why you want me to do that? I'm really out of ideas??

In a few words Derek, I just don't understand why the render process cannot maintain to perfectly synched files intact after rendering?? 

Michel
Last Edit:08 Sep 2023 23:08 by Michel

Replied by ericlnz on topic Trouble synchronizing sound effect with video track

Posted 09 Sep 2023 09:46 #7
Michel, what format is your "clink" audio?  Whatever it is try converting to "wav" and use that.
by ericlnz

Posted 09 Sep 2023 17:57 #8
I'm asking from access to your small video file and small audio file, so that I can TEST them both on my computer and work out what is going wrong.
I can't help you, if I don't know what you are working with.

Do you have at least one Google account?
If you have a Google account, you automatically have access to Google Drive, which is a FREE file sharing service.
You can use any file sharing service you like - there are many to choose from.
Most people online have at least one Google account, because they have Gmail and/or a YouTube account.\

I've never heard of anyone ever experiencing your problem.
It makes me think that one of the files is using a weird format, frame rate or audio rate, that is causing some very rare problem.

Eric's idea is a very good idea.
If the original Audio file is using some weird format or setting, it could be the cause of problem.
Converting the audio file to .WAV format is a great idea.

If the Video track is using a weird Frame Rate that is completely different to your Project Properties Frame Rate setting, that could also be the cause of the problem.

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 09 Sep 2023 22:55 #9
Hi Derek and Eric,

To Eric thanks for the suggestion, but it did not work there is a delay between the glasses touching and the ding sound of about half a second.

Derek I'm attaching as you asked the video mp4 file without watermark, there was one on the DL version and I had to remove it and also two audio files of the same sound (mp3 & wav). The last render was made a few minutes ago with the wav file to no avail.

Thanks fir the help, really appreciate it.

Michel

by Michel

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 09 Sep 2023 23:06 #10
 Hi Derek and Eric,

To Eric thanks for the suggestion, but it did not work there is a delay between the glasses touching and the ding sound of about half a second.

Derek I'm attaching as you asked the video mp4 file without watermark, there was one on the DL version and I had to remove it and also two audio files of the same sound (mp3 & wav). The last render was made a few minutes ago with the wav file to no avail.

I just noticed that your site does not accept .wav files.

Thanks fir the help, really appreciate it.

Michel
Last Edit:09 Sep 2023 23:07 by Michel
Attachments:

Sound-Ding.mp3

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.873 seconds