DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Trouble synchronizing sound effect with video track

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Trouble synchronizing sound effect with video track

Posted 10 Sep 2023 12:25 #11
You cannot upload video files to the forum - video files are too large in general, which is why they are not allowed.
I forgot I had even allowed .mp3 files.
.WAV files are also not allowed, because they can get very LARGE in file size.
This is why I have been asking you to upload ALL your files to a file sharing service, and then posting links to the files, so that I can download and test them.
There are plenty of free file sharing services you can use.
Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Mega, etc...

I need three files from you:
1. The video file
2. The original audio file you have been using
3. Your .veg project file - this will be the TEST project I suggested you create, which only contains your video and audio file
OR
4. Send the full .veg project file, but tell me at what time on the timeline does the small glasses event begin.

The .veg file will show me your settings.

You can upload .veg files to the forum, because they are very small in file size.

If the .mp3 audio file you uploaded is the original audio file causing these problems, I just need your video and .veg files.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by Michel on topic Trouble synchronizing sound effect with video track

Posted 25 Sep 2023 00:40 #12
Hi Derek,

After two weeks of laying flooring in my 4 upstairs bedroom and putting everything back in order, I'm back trying to finalize my Argentine (French) Project. As asked I attached the files you want on my personal Cloud Sync. You will receive a link that is PWord protected and will provide that info on your Personal email after this message.  To DL the files click on the three buttons on the right and DL the file you need. It will be stored in your DL directory.

The .veg file is ready to render. The Wine glasses plus sound start on the 53.24 min. You'll notice that the ding is out of sync since I'm still trying to find the perfect spot to get the sound effect dinging at the right moment after a render.  

Thanks for your help Derek, really appreciate it.

Michel
by Michel

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Trouble synchronizing sound effect with video track

Posted 28 Sep 2023 17:44 #13
Hi Michel

Your back and knees must be very sore after laying down new flooring !
When I was much younger in my mid-twenties, I renovated an entire house, inside and out, doing 99% of the work myself.
There is no way my body could handle doing that now.

I downloaded your files.
Your main project file, appears to show what the problem is...
I opened the Argentine.veg file, but told VEGAS to leave ALL files offline.
Next I located the marker point you indicated, at 53.24 minutes.
I then inserted the Video file and Audio file, at the exact same starting locations saved in your project.
And finally, I moved the timeline cursor along, until it hit the "glass clinking" sound.
As you can see from the screen-shot I took below, the sound and glasses are not in sync.
Please note: I used the Wheel on my Mouse to zoom right into the VEGAS timeline, so I could see everything very clearly (expanded).

Sync Test in Empty Project
Let's forget about your Argentine project file for one moment.
I did another experiment with only the video and audio file you sent me.
The purpose of this experiment, was to sync up the glasses video and clinking audio file, correctly.
The video and audio file will sync up OK, if you start the Video file only 4x Frames past the 00:00:00 starting point.

Here is the Test .VEG file, which you can open on your computer, using:
My glasses of wine- To Zen.mp4 and Sound - Ding - To Zen.mp3

File Attachment:

File Name: clink-sync-test.veg
File Size:12 KB

Now let's return to the Argentine project
Using the same 4x Frame sync from the experiment, I edited the audio file in your Argentine project file, to start only 4x frames before the glass clink video.
Hopefully my re-saved version of your project will open and work correctly.
Download this new .VEG file and try it out.

File Attachment:

File Name: Argentine-...erek.veg
File Size:1,897 KB

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Sep 2023 17:52 by DoctorZen

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 28 Sep 2023 21:58 #14
Hi Derek,

My sciatic nerve got it good with the flooring...joy of getting old.

Man a lot of experimenting. I DL your veg file. I cannot hear the ding sound when the glasses touch. I think I expressed many times that the ''unsynch'' happens after a render, the synch becomes out of synch and seems like there is nothing I can do to synch it within the render process???

I think I will forfit that part of the video and finish it without the glasses...thanks for all your help Derek.

Have a great one

Michel
by Michel

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 02 Oct 2023 03:23 #15
Hi Derek,

I could not leave that video without the glasses of wine clingking. So I found a mp4 file in Youtube that does just that with the glasses and sound in one mp4 file. I rendered the whole .veg file and yep...it worked.

What I do not understand is that I did use the two files I sent you last week and rendered them as one mp4 file, they were on sync in the .veg file and went out of sync after the rendering...I don't get it? 

Again Derek, thanks for your trouble and help...really appreciated it.

Have a great one.

Michel

by Michel

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.125 seconds