DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved X on Boris FX in VEGAS Pro

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Away Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

X on Boris FX in VEGAS Pro was created by Michel

Posted 02 Oct 2023 03:52 #1
Hi,

After a recent PC upgrade and fresh installation of Win 11, I notice that all my effects in my VP 20 app are covered with a giant X.(see attached) I have the strange feeling of writing on that matter before but can't find the text on the site. 

Help on that subject would be appreciated...thanks

Michel
Last Edit:18 Oct 2023 14:50 by Michel
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic X on Boris FX in VEGAS Pro

Posted 18 Oct 2023 15:09 #2
Hi Michel

I hope you don't mind that I restored your deleted forum message.

A red X on third party Video FX in VEGAS Pro, means the effects have not been activated/registered.
You may have already sorted this problem out. If you have already fixed this, then this reply will help someone else with the same problem, in the future.

VEGAS Pro Suite 21 (older version was called VEGAS Pro 20), comes with Boris FX Primatte Studio.
Boris FX Primatte Studio is categorized as a Continuum Filter (this use to be called a Continuum Unit, if I am remembering correctly?)
Every Continuum Filter and Unit that is made, can also be bought altogether in the Boris FX Continuum Suite.
When you buy just one Continuum Filter or Unit, Boris FX sends the complete Continuum Suite installer file.
When the installer file opens, one of the windows will show selection boxes for all the different Filters and Units.
If you only have a License Key for one of the Filters or Units, you need to select only the product you want to install.
If you select ALL of the options, but don't own a License Key for Boris FX Continuum Suite (everything), the products you don't own, will all show a Red X in VEGAS Pro.

To fix this, uninstall Boris FX and reinstall only Primatte Studio.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Away Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by Michel on topic X on Boris FX in VEGAS Pro

Posted 16 Nov 2023 08:45 #3
Hi Derek,

It took a while to respond. Busy and hectic month since mid october. Relax time now. Thanks for that answer. I do recall now and will activate your suggestion.

Have a great one .

Michel
Last Edit:19 Nov 2023 18:08 by Michel
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.179 seconds