VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Weird Tick sound in VEGAS Pro 20

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Weird Tick sound in VEGAS Pro 20 was created by Michel

Posted 02 Dec 2023 07:07 #1
Hi,I’ve had Version 20 of Vegas Pro for the last 5 or 6 months now. Made a few projects and I’m now finishing a 90 minute video for a friend who just came back from a long trip in Europe.I'm making a video for her. She has a few photos but many video clips. While doing this, I’m having continuous problems with this version of Vegas Pro on the playback feature not only with this project but all the previous ones made with Version20.. I would say that around 70% of the video clips make a ‘’TICK’’ sound at the end. I must then slice the ending to get rid of that nasty sound…long and tedious process.So I copied a few clips on a Version 19 timeline. Nothing happens, everything is ok. Just with version 20…why?If you ever need a copy of clips Derek, just let me know. I’m not sure in duplicating that sound even if you would have the same version as I.

Thnks for the help.

Michel
Last Edit:13 Dec 2023 18:55 by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Weird Tick sound in VEGAS Pro 20

Posted 02 Dec 2023 12:27 #2
This problem has cropped up many times on the Magix Vegas forum.  It appears to have been difficult to identify and fix.  But it now appears fixed with VP21 build 187.

I don't know if there will be any further builds of VP20 to fix the problem there so you may be stuck with the problem.
Last Edit:13 Dec 2023 18:55 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Michel

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by Michel on topic Weird Tick sound in VEGAS Pro 20

Posted 03 Dec 2023 03:18 #3
Hi,

Just wrote a post on Magix. I'm mad as hell...I'm learning that Versions 19 and 20 of Vegas Pro Edit did have the nasty Tick noise and the end of video clips and they in fact corrected that glitch on Version 21 with build 187 and they completely ignored the faithful followers and owners of Versions 19 & 20 who, like me, are stuck with going through the timelines of their projects to verify what clip are ticking and applying a slice to correct them.

I went through 2 hours of doing that on a 90 minute project this morning. this app should be flawless (crash and freezes champion) and there telling me I must pay a hefty 150$US to get version 21 JUST to get the fix...If there is bug on car, there is a recall, I don't have to buy next year's version to get the fix...give me a break...major lack of respect towards Magix customers.. 

Michel Planté

Last Edit:13 Dec 2023 18:54 by Michel

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Weird Tick sound in VEGAS Pro 20

Posted 13 Dec 2023 19:14 #4
I am only reading this forum thread today, after injuring myself 2 weeks ago.
I have never experienced the ticking sound problem myself.
Like many different bugs/problems, some only seem to affect certain combinations of computer hardware / media types / video fx.
I can appreciate how frustrating this problem is for you. I've had my own problems in the past, that no one else seemed to experience.

I agree that VEGAS Pro 20 should also be fixed, considering that VP21 is only a few months old.

Whenever major bugs have been discovered in the past, that affected multiple versions of VEGAS Pro, normally bug fixes were released for the current version and previous version/s.
If you have not already done so, I recommend making a polite request for this particular bug to also be fixed in VEGAS Pro 20.
To get a successful resolution, you need to Tag your message on the VEGAS Pro forum, with the username @VEGASDerek
@VEGASDerek
is the senior developer for VEGAS Pro - he is the gatekeeper that needs to see your request !

I have always found Derek at VEGAS Creative Software (not me), to be a very reasonable person to talk to.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:13 Dec 2023 19:16 by DoctorZen

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 03 Jan 2024 23:58 #5
Hi,

A little update for the users who like me are annoyed with the nasty Ticking noise at the end of a video clip on the timeline. Just visited Magix Vegas site. Talked with someone who has been there for many years and he guided me to threads of users, many users in fact, who are experiencing the same problem as I. At this point I don't see  any fix solutions brought forward by Magix on versions 19 & 20.I will continue asking for a correction on both versions to someone in the programming dpt. of Magix...Thanks for that Derek.

On another subject... as asked, Making mkv did not work for me it froze many times and never worked. So I then opted for VLC and going through the titles probably a bit like the instructions in making mkv, I get to the part of the movie you can actually rip. It does work, it's a long process but it works.

Have a great one.

Michel.

by Michel

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Weird Tick sound in VEGAS Pro 20

Posted 10 Jan 2024 14:23 #6

On another subject... as asked, Making mkv did not work for me it froze many times and never worked.

Never had that problem ever happen to myself, in more than 10 years of using MakeMKV.
I have no idea why that would happen ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 10 Jan 2024 23:18 #7
Hi Derek,

Yes and I reinstalled it and still, it didn't work. But it's ok; like I mentioned recently, a friend told that VLC was a good ripper. But I do prefer Handbrake that does not always work either but when it does work, it's faster than VLC. I don't rip often, so at this point I'm ok.

Thanks for that Derek and have a great one.

Michel
by Michel

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.791 seconds