VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question VIDEO FX I get a red X and FX on my screen

• cgross
  • cgross's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 4

VIDEO FX I get a red X and FX on my screen was created by cgross

Posted 26 Dec 2023 12:22 #1
Hi everyone.

Hope all is well.

Was trying to use the active camera effect in Video FX.  It works but I get a red X and the letters FX across my screen.  How do I get rid of them?

Thanks.

Charles Gross
by cgross

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VIDEO FX I get a red X and FX on my screen

Posted 29 Dec 2023 13:44 #2
Hi Charles

Active Camera is a NewBlueFX product.
You need a NBFX License Key to activate this plugin.

Which version of VEGAS Pro do you own ?
OR
Do you have more than one different version of VEGAS Pro and/or VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum installed ?

NewBlueFX does not come as standard with VEGAS Pro, but often comes as a Free Bonus Extra, during promotional periods.
See if you can find the original email that was sent to you, after you bought VEGAS Pro, and here you should find your NBFX license key/s.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• cgross
  • cgross's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by cgross on topic VIDEO FX I get a red X and FX on my screen

Posted 29 Dec 2023 16:54 #3
I have Vegas Pro 19 which came which came with Newblue
by cgross

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VIDEO FX I get a red X and FX on my screen

Posted 29 Dec 2023 18:19 #4
There are two ways to find your License Key, which you will need, to remove the red X.

First way as I said before, is to find your original email receipt from MAGIX, when you bought VEGAS Pro 19.

If you did have NewBlueFX activated successfully in the past, you should be able to find a copy of the License Key in your NBFX account.
Go to this address:
newbluefx.com/account/
Login to your account.
If you have forgotten your login details, reset your password, using the email address you used to buy VEGAS Pro 19.
Go to the Account page and scroll down, where you will find the license key.
If it has been activated too many times, you will have to DEACTIVATE the License Key first, before you can reuse it.
Press Activations/Downloads button, next to your product.

To Activate NBFX in VEGAS, drag any NBFX from the Video Effects tab onto a video on the timeline.
In the Video Event FX window that opens, press the About button.

This should open the NBFX App Manager.
Next you need to Login.
Normally just logging in will cause activation, if not follow any other instructions.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.803 seconds