VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Colour Blue

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Colour Blue was created by Michel

Posted 29 Jan 2024 02:44 #1
Hi,As discussed on a previous post. I'm setting aside Version 20 of VP to use Version 19 for my future projects. That version was installed for a while on my PC at I started to place just pictures on the timeline to find out, to my surprise, that ALL those medias were of a blue tint. Hum...weird. I imported some video clips with the same result. Did the same with version 20 and no surprises here, ALL media was of a normal color. So I reinstalled version 19 to find out no changes with the blue tint...I then resetted my Vegas version to it's default value, no changes here again....a bit of help on that matter would be appreciated...never saw that...thanks

Michel
by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Colour Blue

Posted 29 Jan 2024 10:30 #2
There have been several GPU driver issues causing strange colours reported on the Magix Vegas forum.  Also I recall Derek may have mentioned them here.  The problems don't only occur with Vegas.

What is your GPU and its driver version?  If the problem has only occurred recently try reverting to an earlier driver build.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, vkmast

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by Michel on topic Colour Blue

Posted 29 Jan 2024 23:15 #3
Hi Eric,

Thanks for a quick response. I use an AMD K-19, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor. No info on the drive. I must tell you that I was using VP 19 two weeks ago without any problem for testing purposes.

Your answer incited me to go to the video tab in the Preferences and closed the GPU acceleration to OFF...problem fixed. But I still don't understand the nature of this problem since VP20 with the GP acceleration ON, does present the Colour Blue issue?

Have a nice day and thanks for your insight.

Michel
by Michel

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 30 Jan 2024 23:50 #4
Hi,

The reply given yesterday was erroneous...I gave the name of my CPU and not my GPU...this is the correction...G246HYL on AMD Radeon RX 6600hel and the drive is 31.0.22017.3004...hope this helps...thank you.

Michel

by Michel

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 31 Jan 2024 00:37 #5
Hi,

Just went on the Radeon website and DL the most recent driver for my GPU and everything is ok...I can now use my GPU accelerator on my app.

Thanks to Eric in guiding me there.

Have a nice day

Michel  
by Michel

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.790 seconds