VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Sony Vegas 13 cannot import videos from Snagit 12

• Leksus
  • Leksus's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 3

Sony Vegas 13 cannot import videos from Snagit 12 was created by Leksus

Posted 27 Feb 2015 21:26 #1
Since many years I use Sony Vegas. Excellent and reliable software!
But I recently bought Snagit 12 (screencapture software). The videos or parts of them that are captured from YouTube are captured in MP4 format. They can be viewed back on your laptop, but CANNOT be imported in my Sony Vegas 13!
How is this possible?
by Leksus
The following user(s) said Thank You: kalarian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Sony Vegas 13 cannot import videos from Snagit 12

Posted 27 Feb 2015 23:25 #2
I use Snagit as well and any videos saved to a .mp4 file extension will definitely open in any version of Vegas Pro.

If you have accidentally saved your Snagit video to .swf or .flv, this will not work because Flash Video is not supported by Vegas Pro.

If I am understanding your message correctly, you are using Snagit to screen capture videos from YouTube and then you are importing the Sangit video into Vegas Pro for editing.
Is this correct ?

I would advise not to use Snagit to capture YouTube videos, because Snagit can only capture video at a very low frame rate.

It would be much better if you used a Downloader program to download your YouTube videos and then import into Vegas Pro.
I use Any Video Converter free version. This will download the 720p version of any YouTube video and works in Vegas.
www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

You may like to explain your full workflow, step by step, telling me exactly how you are using Snagit and the Snagit Editor.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Leksus
  • Leksus's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by Leksus on topic Sony Vegas 13 cannot import videos from Snagit 12

Posted 27 Feb 2015 23:54 #3
Thanks for your superfast help.
I already use a free downloaderprogram for YouTube videos. It is from Savefrom.net and shows no problems in conjunction with Sony Vegas. I expected from Snagit 12, for which I payed 58 US dollars, better results than from a free program.
I certainly will try the free version of Any Video Converter, as you suggested.
Last Edit:28 Mar 2015 01:27 by Leksus

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds