VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Deleting from video track and not audio

Deleting from video track and not audio was created by tomdriver

Posted 06 Nov 2015 23:36 #1
I have imported an mp3 file and placed it on the timeline for editing. I made a split on the timeline, wanting to delete the video from that section but not the audio, which is on a Voice track. But when I press Delete I lose both the video and the audio. Using the Solo button does not seem to help with this. How can I isolate the video track so as to make edits in it without affecting the Voice track?5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Deleting from video track and not audio

Posted 07 Nov 2015 01:29 #2
Hi Tomdriver

An mp3 is an audio file only.
I don't know whether you are talking about an mp3 audio file or an mp4 video/audio file.

If you actually have a Video file on the timeline with it's associated Audio track, you will need to Un-Group the Audio from Video first, before you can delete one or the other.

Press on top of the Video track section you want to delete and then press U on the keyboard. This is the shortcut for Un-Grouping linked files.
You can also do a right-click on the Video and go to Group - Remove from.
Now press on top of the section you want to delete and press DELETE key.

When you are doing Splits on the Timeline, it is also important to press on top of the actual track you want to cut before you press S, otherwise any other videos or events on the timeline will also be cut at the same time.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:07 Nov 2015 01:31 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomdriver

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Deleting from video track and not audio

Posted 07 Nov 2015 15:19 #3
Please reply on the FORUM only.
Emails you receive from the Forum are NOTIFICATION EMAILS ONLY.
Press link in email and reply on Forum.

Thank you :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:07 Nov 2015 15:21 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.756 seconds