VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Sony Vegas Stabilization Effect

Sony Vegas Stabilization Effect was created by gbt2013

Posted 17 Dec 2015 19:44 #1
Could you consider doing a tutorial on this option? I may have missed some but I think I only read 1 or 2 comments on this effect in the forum. Didn't really apply to what I'm gonna mention. I actually hate this option and think it's one of the poorest effect options in Vegas Pro. No improvement to this effect in any version in my opinion. It's ridiculously slow, takes longer to render a clip of any size than any video stabilizer tool I've ever used. I've got a 6-Core CPU, a R7 video adapter, 24GB RAM and see no improvement to this effects ability to render-out and decently stabilize a clip without distorting it's size and blurring video content. So perhaps I'm missing some nugget that will make this component useful to me. Got any ideas or maybe some thoughts, possible tutorial???
by gbt2013

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Sony Vegas Stabilization Effect

Posted 17 Dec 2015 20:24 #2
Hi gbt2013 and welcome to the MSZ Forum.

I don't recommend using the Sony Stabilizer plugin - it is too primitive and only works on video that has small problems.
Most people use the New Blue FX Stabilizer or ProDAD's Mercalli Stabilizer's - both of these options are hugely better than Sony's offerings.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:18 Dec 2015 18:31 by DoctorZen

Replied by gbt2013 on topic Sony Vegas Stabilization Effect

Posted 20 Dec 2015 15:32 #3
Thank you for the reply. I'm glad to finally know that it wasn't just me, not knowing how to this thing to properly work. I surmised early on, that it was crappy, but seeing as how it was Sony, I wanted to believe it was better than it appeared to be. So thanks again for the suggestions and feedback.
by gbt2013

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Sony Vegas Stabilization Effect

Posted 20 Dec 2015 15:52 #4
Compared to other Software companies, Sony Creative Software has always been a fairly small operation. Sony has never made a big investment into the software division, which means they have not had the engineers and resources to develop software like Adobe has. Because of their lean and mean operation, Sony Software has always encouraged third party software makers to create plugins for Vegas and Movie Studio.

As you may know, many divisions of Sony incurred huge loses during the last 10 year period. In the last 3 years there has been a massive restructure and re-focus on becoming profitable again and making products that people actually want to buy. The camera division is a excellent example of Sony leading the pack again and making some really exciting products. My hope is that the same philosophy and energy will be applied to the Software division. They need to do something big and exciting or just not bother at all and get out of software altogether. All electronics need software, so it seems logical that this should be their strength, however multi-national companies can also be completely useless at doing what seems obvious to us, the end user.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:20 Dec 2015 15:53 by DoctorZen

Replied by FrankT on topic Sony Vegas Stabilization Effect

Posted 04 Jan 2016 23:44 #5
Yes, Sony has had a hard time and unfortunately over the last years has lost some of its excellent reputation. I have a 2015 Sony 4K TV which runs on Android and even 6 months after launch the TV is still missing some of its specs. It is in deed good to see that on the camera side of things Sony is making such progress. Hopefully this also will have a positive effect on products for Post :-)
by FrankT

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.973 seconds