VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved usb memory stick

• Bolex
  • Bolex's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 1

usb memory stick was created by Bolex

Posted 28 Jun 2016 17:52 #1
hi im really lost i want to put a sony vegas edited video onto a usb memory stick but sony vegas only gives you the option of blu ray or dvd , do most members just burn onto dvd , im told dvds will be obsolete soon, i even had to ask the bloke who built my computer to add a dvd drive as he said he does not bother adding them anymore and told me to use a memory stick? thanks
by Bolex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic usb memory stick

Posted 28 Jun 2016 17:59 #2
Hi Bolex

Which exact program and version number are you using ?
The most common output format people use for a USB memory stick is to select Mainconcept AVC/AAC - Internet 1080p.
Don't be put off by the word Internet.

Once I know which exact program and version you are using, I can point you to the right tutorial to watch.

Blu-ray and DVD is for creating physical disc media only.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Bolex
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by Bolex on topic usb memory stick

Posted 28 Jun 2016 19:57 #3
Hi I'm using Sony Vegas pro 13 Thanks
by Bolex

Posted 28 Jun 2016 22:10 #4
I never made a tutorial showing how to render 1080p @25fps or 30fps with Vegas Pro.
But I did do one for 50fps and 60fps video.
However this tutorial starts with the same template I recommend you use.
So you can watch this if you are unsure, but just ignore all mentioning of 50fps and 60fps frame rates, and stick with 25 or 30 fps, unless you are actually working with higher frame rate video. I hope that isn't too confusing.

www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/544-how-to-render-50p-video-vegas-pro
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Bolex
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 29 Jun 2016 17:29 #5
hi sorry iv just tried following the video but unsure will this then allow me to copy over the rendered video onto a memory stick, im not the most computer literate person and have never used a memory stick and when i looked at the output files it came up with various memory stick options. Do most people now put there films onto memory sticks for storage?? thanks
by Bolex

• Bolex
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 29 Jun 2016 17:32 #6
Also hypothetically speaking if you were to put the shot hd film onto a memory stick would you lose quality as opposed to putting on a bluray disk or dvd ??
by Bolex

Posted 29 Jun 2016 18:37 #7
The only time most people put videos onto a USB Flash Drive, is for temporary reasons, like playing back a video through a Smart TV.
You keep the original video file on your computers hard drive and then copy it to the USB Flash Drive - the original stays on computer.
Where a video file is saved to has no effect on the quality - the render/output settings you use 100% determine the quality.

If you are using Movie Studio, your videos are located at Documents/Movie Studio Projects/Your Project/yourvideo.mp4
If you are using Vegas Pro, your videos are located at Documents/Vegas Pro Projects/Your Project/yourvideo.mp4

You can right-click your video after it has been rendered and select COPY.
Then connect your USB Drive, go to Computer, PC or This PC, open the USB Flash Drive, right-click and select PASTE.
You could also drag and drop videos from one folder to another, but copy and paste is easier to describe.

There is only one thing which may cause you problems and it depends on how your USB Flash Drive is formatted.
If it is formatted one way, you will not be able to save video files larger than 4GBs.
If this happens you will have to re-format the USB drive first.
Read this article if that happens: www.winability.com/why-cant-i-copy-large-files-over-4gb-to-my-usb-flash-drive/
The following user(s) said Thank You: billr, Bolex

• Bolex
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 03 Jul 2016 17:15 #8
Thank you I was just wondering long term whether films stored digitally on a pc or flash drive are going to last as long as DVD brand such as taiyo yuden which are very good I had one of the first DVD players in 1998 and the DVDs are now 17 years old and play fine I also have seen 8mm home movies shot in the 1950s in the USA that are just as good as when they are filmed .can you store films on a portable hard drive and actually play via a pc and again will the hard drives last that long it's got me really thinking that's all . Thanks
by Bolex

Posted 03 Jul 2016 22:21 #9
I did read an interesting article about long term digital storage about 12 months ago.
This is something that scientists are doing a lot of research on, because we could potentially lose massive amounts of data world wide, due to everything being on servers now and they need continual maintenance.

Eventually Hard Drives will experience a mechanical failure, error failure or the magnetised surface will lose it's charge if the computer is not turned on, however we are talking about widely varying amounts of time. Maybe just a few years, maybe a few decades.

The best long term storage I know about is M-disc technology, which is a super high quality DVD or Blu-ray disc, that is meant to last 1000 years.
www.mdisc.com/corporate/

Replied by Truffleshuffle03 on topic usb memory stick

Posted 01 Dec 2016 07:39 #10

Bolex wrote: hi im really lost i want to put a sony vegas edited video onto a usb memory stick but sony vegas only gives you the option of blu ray or dvd , do most members just burn onto dvd , im told dvds will be obsolete soon, i even had to ask the bloke who built my computer to add a dvd drive as he said he does not bother adding them anymore and told me to use a memory stick? thanks

I might be able to help you. This is what I do and it is easy for the most part. All you need to do is render the edited video and have it placeed on your desktop then drag it into the usb flashdrive you want. This is what I do. I hope it is of some help to you.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.846 seconds