VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved URGENT! Please help download Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum

Hi folks! It's been a while since I've been here. I had Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum on my pc but then I had to reset my pc because of computer issues. I did not realize that I would lose my editing software. I have it in my Dell Digital Locker with my key and all but Dell will NOT help me without charging me$90. I'm not happy with Dell right now. The link they gave me does not work on my end. The link they say I have to click is www.sonycreativesoftware.com/esd/dell but it gives me an error message...something about it being timed out.
All I need is the link to the software and I can log in with my key code. Right? Can anyone help me get my editing software back? PLEASE :) I make YouTube videos and I'm so behind because of this. Any help would be most appreciated. I went to Magix and it says my code has been used. I know this but the software needs to be reinstalled. What do I do? Thank you!
Melody
Last Edit:26 Jul 2017 15:29 by LivingFreeForever

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic URGENT! Please help download Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum

Posted 26 Jul 2017 15:28 #2
Hi there

Sony Creative Software sold all their Vegas products to Magix Software, over 12 months ago now.
For the last 12 months, Sony Creative Software were still showing account details for some customers, however that 12 month transition period has no finished and Sony has nothing to do with Vegas anymore. All links to Vegas related material are now deactivated.

However, I just used the link you provided and it worked OK for me.
www.sonycreativesoftware.com/esd/dell

This is the window that appeared.
Obviously I can't enter details about Dell, but I would imagine anything related to Sony may not work now.

Did you save a copy of your Movie Studio serial activation codes ?

I will assume from what you have just said, that you have not yet created a Magix Account.
If you have a copy of all your serial activation codes, you can register your software with Magix and re-download your software.
Go to www.magix.com/
Create a new account with Magix.
Login to your account.
Press Product Registration link.
Check your details and then press Continue Registration.
Enter Serial number for Movie Studio to register.
Repeat process for all programs you own.

Then go back to your account and select My Products
Here you will find Installation program links, which will download the software for you.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Jul 2017 15:32 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Replied by vkmast on topic URGENT! Please help download Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum

Posted 26 Jul 2017 22:48 #3
Regarding downloads from MAGIX My Account / My Products has anybody tested MSP 13 and VPro 13? If one has registered the SCS builds and not the MAGIX rebranded builds, do you get the last SCS builds or are you forced to download the rebranded ones?
Edit: I downloaded from My Account and that vegasmoviestudio13platinum_64bit.exe is 441 501 kB. The SCS moviestudiope13.0.955_64bit.exe is 472 722 kB. My registered software is the SCS build 955.
Note that an option to download Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 11 is still missing.
Last Edit:26 Jul 2017 23:33 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Thank you so much! The reason I found out it did not work when I clicked in my dell locker is because there was a period at the end of the link. I was able to get to the page you are at but when I log in it now says that my key code has been used already. I used it of course when I bought my Dell and they downloaded the software for me but I lost my software a couple of weeks ago and wanted to re-download. Sounds like I'm not going to be able to do this :(
I did buy the Adobe Premiere pro where I pay monthly but have no idea how to use it. The only way I learned Sony Movie studieo 13 platinum was from all your WONDERFUL tutorials. Do you have any Adobe tutorials? Adobe has tutorials and others on the internet but I can't keep up. They assume we know some things and skip over small details which you never did in your tutorials. PLEASE make adobe tutorials if you get around to it. I really want to learn it now that I don't have my Sony software. Thank you for all you do for this community. :)

Replied by vkmast on topic URGENT! Please help download Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum

Posted 28 Jul 2017 03:00 #5
I don't think you need to give up your Movie Studio Platinum 13 software. Did you try the other suggestion from the good Doc?

Go to www.magix.com/
Create a new account with Magix.
Login to your account.
Press Product Registration link.
Check your details and then press Continue Registration.
Enter Serial number for Movie Studio to register.
Repeat process for all programs you own.
Then go back to your account and select My Products
Here you will find Installation program links, which will download the software for you.

Seems you'd get the Magix rebranded version of Movie Studio Platinum 13. We did not recommend it as their early builds had nasty bugs, but I think they got it right eventually. That's what you'll need to do, if you don't get "peer support" for the SCS/Sony version, i.e. somebody to provide you with a legitimate link.
As for Adobe tutorials, I'd like the good Doc to stay with Vegas :)
by vkmast

Yes, I created a Magix account and it says the same.... code has been used. I'm going to call Magix next to see if they can do anything. I would much prefer to stick with the Sony I had. It took me 2 years to learn how to use it. I'm not tech savy so this is most upsetting being I'm a daily vlogger.
I'll figure something out... one way or the other :)
Thank you! :)

Posted 28 Jul 2017 06:49 #7
This piece of FAQ from the Magix Vegas forum may (or may not) apply in your case.
"Older versions of Vegas Pro [and MSP et al.] are licensed under a system (as previously used by Sony) which permits use on multiple computers by one user; after an unspecified number of installations on different or updated PCs you may need to contact support to reset your "installation count"."
by vkmast

Thank you. I'll call magix. I only purchased the software with my Dell in 2014. Last week it got wiped from my pc. I want to download it to same pc but it won't let me. I need to call them to see if they can help. Thank you! :)
Last Edit:01 Aug 2017 13:41 by LivingFreeForever

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.852 seconds