VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Introduction

• Ilona
  • Ilona's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2

Introduction was created by Ilona

Posted 20 Feb 2015 17:10 #1
Hi There
I have been using Vegas Movie Studio PE90 since start 2009 without any problems at all and have produced at least 30 DVDs.
Since January this year I have had no end of problems.

I am so glad I have stumbled on this Forum because I think my questions may be answered.

First I lost my Text Presets. I have tried to find out how they can get lost and where they are stored but have had no luck there.
The Text Presets names display in the Text Media Generators window but the "contents" above the names are not there.

I want to create one video comprising 16 short (30sec – 120sec) .wmv files and 18 text media into one video of total length 8 minutes 10 seconds.
Is there a maximum number of .wmv files that can be included in a project?

When I open the .vf file I have created with these 16 .wmv files interspersed with the text media, occasionally an event shows up red.
What does this mean?
I can close Vegas MS, re-launch it and open the same .vf and have a different event display in red.

When all events display correctly in the timeline, I preview the video and it is OK up to the 8th .wmv event and then I lose the picture but still have audio. This does not always happen in the same place. It can be earlier or later in the timeline.
What can cause this?

Also after reinstalling my software I have lost the id’s that display against events on the timeline. Can you please tell me how to get them back?

Any assistance will be gratefully appreciated, even if it is only a link to where I can get more information.
Thank you very much
Ilona Wright
by Ilona

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Introduction

Posted 20 Feb 2015 22:27 #2
Hi Ilona

Before I answer your questions, I suggest you change your user name.
Using your email address as a Public User Name is not a good idea, because spammers can grab hold of it.
You can easily change you user name by logging in and then going to Help (top menu) - Edit User Profile.

If you have been using Vegas Movie Studio 9 since 2009 on the same computer, it is highly likely that your Vegas Cache has over-flowed with garbage temporary files. This can make the program start to misbehave and will also clog up your C:Drive. You may have many Gigabytes of crap that need deleting. I don't have V9 installed any more, but the cache should be located here: C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum\9.0
You can manually open this file and delete everything. It will be rebuilt next time you start the program.
OR
Do this:
Turn Movie Studio/Vegas/DVD Architect Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

Presets are stored in different places all over your computer. Mainly in your Windows Registry. On an old computer, your Registry may have become corrupted and that is why things are not displaying properly.

I know of no limit for importing .wmv video files.

Version 9 is quite old now. This is probably one of the reasons you are experiencing problems now.
I suggest you download the free trial for Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 and test it out.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilona

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.764 seconds