VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Loved Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!!

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! UPDATE Information

Posted 22 Sep 2016 04:16 #11

Eagle Six wrote: ---I'm also disappointed in the confusion caused by the Magix marketing department. I'm glad the Magix marketing department isn't in charge of product development!!!!

Yes, most of the posts/comments/questions we and many others have made during the past couple of weeks should not have been necessary.
Last Edit:22 Sep 2016 04:18 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! UPDATE Information

Posted 22 Sep 2016 10:55 #12
I am still waiting to receive my first email ever from Magix about Vegas Pro.

Months ago I contacted Magix (different departments/people) numerous times about this and they assured me that an upgrade offer would be sent to all current Vegas Pro 13 owners once Vegas Pro 14 was released.

Right now I feel like I am waiting for Godot. It's exhausting.

If no emails are sent to me after waiting all this time, I'm worried I might start channelling Carrie from 1976 and use my telekinetic powers to cause mass devastation. I'm almost over this and ready to start learning something completely different.

Seriously disappointed that Vegas Pro 14 has removed CUDA support for Mainconcept AVC rendering. All other major video editing programs have pretty good rendering engines that can utilise Graphics Card support. I don't understand why it keeps getting ignored in Vegas Pro.

Time for some Xanax....
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter, Eagle Six, vkmast

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! UPDATE Information

Posted 22 Sep 2016 11:26 #13
Hi Derek, could you save me a couple of those? My head is about to implode trying to follow all the threads and posts!
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, vkmast

Posted 22 Sep 2016 18:35 #14
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-14-0-build-161-released--103567/?page=last#ca639079

I wish I should not have needed to agree, but it really is "a disappointing mess" all over.

I can understand that MAGIX needs money, but they also need to deliver.
The MAGIX own mods/reps have mostly vanished into thin air from their forum.
Nick Hope (who does not work for Magix) has a hopeless task trying to help users as he does not know any more than we do.

And besides the GPU thing, can someone confirm that the ac3 Pro encoder is not included in VPro 14+ DVDA Pro 7 ??
Last Edit:22 Sep 2016 18:47 by vkmast

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! UPDATE Information

Posted 22 Sep 2016 18:57 #15

vkmast wrote: And besides the GPU thing, can someone confirm that the ac3 Pro encoder is not included in VPro 14+ DVDA Pro 7 ??

Good catch vkmast. Definitely missing from the Render options.

Is there any way to download a trial for DVD Architect Pro 7 ?
It seems like the only piece of software you can actually download a trial for, is Vegas Pro 14.
When I tried to download the "Suite", it was only for VP14 and none of the other programs.
Looks like they were not very prepared for any of this :silly: :? :!:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, vkmast

Posted 22 Sep 2016 19:59 #16
I don't see any options to download other trials anywhere either.

Some info showing that things are still very much in transition here

www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/registering-vp13-purchased-from-magix--103156/#ca639139

After a month with their new community forum, they still do not have a "Search" button for the Magix era posts/comments.
The mess is piling up.
Last Edit:22 Sep 2016 20:00 by vkmast

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! UPDATE Information

Posted 23 Sep 2016 01:12 #17
For me, I have noted in italics what I think about this list when considering the price of the upgrade value, what I can use and what isn't applicable to my current projects. I understand other users may be more excited and use more of the features, but for me at this time, not so much. Maybe in the future, however at this time I have no intensions of upgrading camera or going to 4K. As I have noted, all the fixes, I feel are part of an update owed the users and can be bundled with an upgrade, but not considered as a paid for item. Fixes are for bugs that were created by the developers and should not have needed a fix if it was developed properly in the previous 'paid for' version. My conclusion, if the actual upgrade price for me to get Vegas Pro 14 is $249, the improvements are not worth the price. I haven't made up my mind as yet, but at this point I think I will sit on version 13. I don't need the Mercalli 4 plug-in, as I have already purchased it from ProDAD, DVDA 5/6 are working for me, so not sure why I would need version 7, and the other add-on's I see no use for at this time. Of course this is just my evaluation and perhaps I have missed something important. I have to wonder though, why they would provide a 30 day trial with a 7 day upgrade window deal. I still wonder if there is a better upgrade deal coming for us who already have v13?!?!

Abbreviated Release Notes:
New features in version 14.0

- Added Smart Zoom, Smart Scale, and Smart adaptive deinterlacing to allow you to upscale clips for Ultra HD delivery (requires a supported NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU). I'm not doing Ultra HD, and if I were, I would have to wonder if my GPU was one of the supported GPU's
- Added a Vignette video effect. Nice maybe for some, I doubt I would use it.
- Added support for working with high-frame-rate (HFR) clips. I'm still working with 24fps, 30fps, and some 720p-60fps, so don't need this
- Added hover scrub to the Trimmer for fast scrubbing. Maybe, but I rarely use the trimmer
- Updated support for current BlackMagic Design hardware: Of no use to me
[strike]DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G, 4K Pro, 4K Extreme, Studio 4K, SDI 4K, HD Extreme, Extreme 3D, Mini Monitor, and Mini Recorder.[/strike]
[strike]Intensity Shuttle, Pro 4K, and Pro.[/strike]
[strike]UltraStudio 4K Extreme, 4K, Pro, SDI, Express, Mini Monitor, and Mini Recorder.[/strike]
- Improved support for clips from RED ONE, EPIC, SCARLET, and WEAPON cameras. Of no use to me
[strike]Added Post lift, Post gamma, Post gain, and Dragon enhanced blacks controls to the R3D Decode Properties dialog.[/strike]
[strike]Fixed an issue that caused certain clips to fail to load on upgraded RED WEAPON cameras with older firmware.[/strike]
[strike]Fixed a crash that could occur when loading certain old RED ONE clips.[/strike]
[strike]Fixed a color cast that could occur in clips shot with RED Motion Mount on the latest camera firmware.[/strike]
- Updated support for current AJA hardware. Of no use to me
- Added a Resample mode drop-down list to the Video tab in the Project Properties dialog. You can use this control to set the default resample mode for your project video. To override the project resample mode, you can use the Force resample and Disable resample event switches. This is a welcome change, but the implementation seems a bit weird, why not a setting in preferences, and others already have reported it doesn't work well!
- Improved playback and editing performance when using a Dynamic RAM Preview cache size greater than 200 MB. This might me nice
- Improved gamma calculations for still-image sequence renders for 32-bit floating point projects. Now levels for 32-bit floating point (video levels) and 32-bit floating point (full range) with nonlinear gamma are more consistent with 8-bit levels. Not of any use to me
- Added a Group Video and Audio Events script (Tools > Scripting) to allow you to easily group audio and video events from an imported EDL. This is of no use to me
- Increased the top-end of the range of event Velocity envelopes to 1,000% to increase the maximum possible overall velocity of video on the timeline to 40 times normal speed (in conjunction with the Playback rate event property). I have never needed more than 300%, but nice feature for those who need it
- New artwork and icons for buttons and other interface elements give the application an updated, more modern look and feel. These are really bad, they need to change back to Sony colors, I get enough of the black look in Resolve
- Support for reading and writing HEVC/H265 files. This is good, even though the industry isn't ready for it, perhaps soon
- Native support for reading ProRes 422 files without the need for QuickTime. This I can use. However, even though my camera will record ProRes 422, I prefer DNxHD 220X, which still requires QuickTime to use in Magix Vegas Pro 14. I will have to test this some more, but it may eliminate the intermediate files.

Bug Fixes I think these are all considered an UPDATE, to be included as an upgrade, but not as part of the upgrade value.

Fixed a bug that caused a disabled Beziér mask to become enabled when the mask is moved
Fixed a bug that caused some Video Capture Help links to be non functional
Fixed a bug that caused the Sharpen FX to exhibit different results when set to 0.000 depending upon whether the GPU was engaged or not
Fixed a but that caused the arrow keys and J/K/L shortcuts to lose the ability to move the play head after undoing a framerate change in Project Properties
Fixed a bug that prevented users from choosing their language during the installation process
Fixed a bug that prevented video files from some cell phone devices from being recognized
Fixed a bug in the scripting API that could cause an OverflowException in scripting extensions
Fixed a bug that could cause VEGAS Pro to hang if the Escape key is pressed to dismiss the Render As dialog box
Improved support for HiDPI displays. WIndows 8.1 or Windows 10 is recommended when using a HiDPI display.
Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash when clicking in the header of the Vegas Explorer in Details view.
Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash when renaming an in-use file in the Vegas Explorer.
Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash during startup when running with multiple GPUs.
Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash during startup when running with many network adapters.
Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to become unresponsive when loading projects that contained unavailable plug-ins.
Fixed a bug that could cause rendered files to be truncated when rendering from FLAC source audio.
Fixed a bug that could cause inconsistent audio and video stream lengths when working with some MP4 clips.
Fixed an issue that could cause one frame to appear black when using Side by side (full) stereoscopic 3D mode with GPU acceleration enabled.
Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect output when using Track Motion to offset horizontally only with GPU acceleration enabled.
Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect output when using Track Motion when the 2D Glow check box was selected with GPU acceleration enabled.
Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect display when using FX Bypass mode in a split-screen configuration with GPU acceleration enabled.
Fixed an error that incorrectly listed the Studio RGB range in the Broadcast Colors plug-in as 16-135. The correct range -- 16-235 -- is now displayed.
Fixed drawing and scaling issues that could occur when running Vegas Pro with a HiDPI display on Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10.
Fixed drawing issues that could occur when scaling the keyframe timeline for OpenFX plug-ins.
Improved performance when using 64-bit VST plug-ins.
Fixed a bug that could result in inconsistent behavior after pasting video event attributes.
Fixed a bug that could prevent Vegas Pro from correctly reading the Field Order value in some MOV files.
Fixed a bug that prevented the Titles & Text plug-in from working correctly.
Fixed a bug that could cause the application to become unresponsive in projects that contain a large number of bins in the Project Media window.
Fixed a bug that prevented smart bins from preserving their Condition setting.
Pressing A in the Trimmer now adds the current selection to the timeline as an event. If there is no selection in the Trimmer, the entire clip is used.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:23 Sep 2016 01:13 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Posted 23 Sep 2016 01:34 #18
On a more positive note.....

- I do have the Mercalli 4 plug-in (which I previously purchased for v13) working in the trial Vegas Pro 14.
- All the extra scripts from v13, which I previously modified to work with Magix Vegas Pro 14, are working.
- And I have the DebugMode FrameServer working in v14.
- I haven't experienced any program crashes (other than Titler EX), although I have seen several error pop-ups when closing the program (none of which have I researched yet).

On a negative note.....
- NewBlue Titler EX - Open FX, does crash v14.

Lots of testing remains ongoing.......but I doubt I will ever be able to test it, as well as, Derek and other members. I'm still keeping an open mind and will listen to everyone with pro's or con's.
Best Regards......George

Posted 23 Sep 2016 09:12 #19
Gary Rebholz of the MAGIX VEGAS team here
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/magix-will-there-be-an-upgrade-offer--103617/?page=4#ca639333

This comes as a big disappointment to us current users of Vegas Pro 13.
To put it mildly, they may well consider that they were led astray, when the initial pre-release upgrade offers came out.
Of course, at the end of the day even the "product owner" or a support employee has little to say when the prices are set.
Will be interesting to see who will pay the final cost of this pricing decision.
Last Edit:23 Sep 2016 10:08 by vkmast

Posted 24 Sep 2016 00:53 #20
Thanks vkmast for finding that link. I searched a bit yesterday but had so many home projects in the works failed.

I will admit that Gary didn't lie and think his statement was in good faith, as you point out. However, in the context of the thread, and the words he used, it turned out to be extremely misleading, and not his intent. I'm sure Gary has had some sleepless nights over that post. He has been, for the most part, thrown under the bus by those who made the pricing decision!

And, on top of that, those who did go for the July/August deal (at least up until yesterday, as I have not as yet read the 100+ post from last night and this morning) have not as yet received their serial number for the version 14. As many have stated, it would be expected these buyers would be the first to receive their serial numbers within moments of the official release of v14. It's all quite puzzling and disturbing.
Best Regards......George

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.906 seconds