VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Loved Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!!

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! UPDATE Information

Posted 24 Sep 2016 01:45 #21
I just received this email from VEGAS [mailto:news@vegas.magix.net] this morning:
The wait is finally over โ€” the brand new VEGAS Pro 14 has arrived!

Just click on the download link below and follow the instructions to start using VEGAS Pro 14 right away.

Then, enter your serial number when prompted and experience a whole new era in video editing.

They provided a download link and serial numbers for the following:

ยป Serial number for:
VEGAS Pro 14: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
VEGAS DVD Architect: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
proDAD Mercalli V4: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
proDAD CMOS Fixr: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NewBlueFX Titler Pro Express/Looks: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Enjoy ultimate creative freedom with VEGAS Pro 14!

I haven't had time to preform any of the downloads yet.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070
Last Edit:24 Sep 2016 01:47 by MrGrunthunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! UPDATE Information

Posted 24 Sep 2016 01:58 #22
Hi MrGrunthunter,

Thank You for the update. I had a few minutes to look at the 90 or so posts in the Vegas forums and see that others are also getting their emailed serial numbers.

Some are reporting installation errors, but it would appear the majority aren't having any problems with the installation. Some are reporting that the NewBlue add-on is crashing, but I understand NewBlue is addressing that issue with an update with the fix. Also, there are reports that AC3 audio (other than 'studio') has been removed from v14 and DVDA v7.

Looking forward to your opinion when you have had the time to install and explore.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! UPDATE Information

Posted 24 Sep 2016 01:59 #23
That is the delivery of what was ordered. In his post George was wondering why this was not done more swiftly after the release.
Last Edit:24 Sep 2016 02:00 by vkmast

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! UPDATE Information

Posted 24 Sep 2016 02:34 #24
Just for INFO; My PayPal receipt shows I purchased VEGAS Pro 13 on 31 Aug 2016 for $199.95 and I requested the CD, which I received and installed. It came with DVD Architect Pro 6.0 and iZotope Nectar Elements (whatever that is)
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

Replied by Peter on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! UPDATE Information

Posted 24 Sep 2016 08:41 #25
Hi Everybody,
Confirming that an e-mail indicating the serial # for the recently released V Pro Ver.14 plus third party software arrived from "Magix" in my mail box today (23rd Sept. 2016).
Note that my domicile is in Canada.
I have not attempted, nor will install the software until there is more clarification on what or what it will not do to my installation of V Pro Ver. 13.

I have followed closely how things have developed during release of the latest version - and will indicate that I consider the handling of the whole process very bizarre from a marketing point of view.

The differences between Ver. 13 and 14 do not surprise me - taking into account the status of version 13 after being held in limbo by Sony for relatively so long and the time that "Magix" had to bring some order to the software. I suspect in reality it will be Ver 15 (if it appears) that will define the future of "Vegas".

I do hope that a future regime of clarity and responsibility will be established - which IMHO has been publicly absent so far.

From a personal point of view - I have no complaint in the manner of how "Magix" has dealt with my purchase. I understand why many others are not of the same opinion with regards to how they have been treated (communication and apparent pricing).

There you have a resume of my situation, for what it is worth.
Many regards,

Peter
Last Edit:24 Sep 2016 08:46 by Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! UPDATE Information

Posted 24 Sep 2016 09:33 #26
Hi Peter,

Thank You for the report. I have Vegas Pro 13 installed and running and recently installed the trial version of Magix Vegas Pro 14 (same as the version you have received with the exception of it does not come with add-on's). As in the past with various Sony versions, there has been no conflict between the version 13 and the new version 14. Each runs fine and I have run them both at the same time without conflict.
Best Regards......George

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! UPDATE Information

Posted 24 Sep 2016 09:37 #27
Thanks for your resume Peter. It seems you are one of the luckier ones and I am glad you are satisfied.

For me, the loss of the ac3-Pro encoder is almost a deal-breaker in itself. I can't understand this decision considering the audio roots of Vegas. Maybe the financial dept. wasn't very forthcoming.
by vkmast

Replied by Peter on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!! UPDATE Information

Posted 24 Sep 2016 09:45 #28
Hi George and vkmast,

Appreciate the replies.

One thing that I did not point out:
The e-mail correspondence that was sent was in the French language!
Not that I mind, being capable of dealing with that.

Still rattling around Pro and working out how it is allowing me to create annoying future questions :laugh:
The up and coming winter snows will result in that being a certainty - if the power holds out.

P
by Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!!

Posted 24 Sep 2016 10:35 #29
Evening Dr. Zen, George, vkmast, Peter, and our Great Community!

I also received my "Upgrade" Serial Numbers for Vegas Pro 14 today as well. Reading all the posts, and concerns, going to wait a bit before I install. Like George and the Doc, have installed different versions of the software on the same machine with "rarely" a problem, though have noticed that you should have the older versions installed first, prior to any newer ones. Especially with the problems centering around NewBlue products (my typical problems!). Will probably download the software over the weekend, and install later, as I am also waiting for the Version 1607 build for Windows 10 to "hit" that machine before I do anything. Really want to see if they have done anything with GPU acceleration or not, since I have a new project just waiting for this, and can also test some older ones.

Also checked out that post by Gary, and it seems like it doesn't matter what industry now, correct information to the "Consumer" is not getting there. Look at the debacle with the nVidia GTX 970, then the power draw issues with the new AMD RX480, the SLI crap from nVidia; sounds like the "Corporate World" is taking lessons from our "Less than Truthful" Politicians. Just blab out what you want, then expect everyone to believe you that you "mis-spoke" or were "taken out of context", blah, blah, blah...

Not sure how this will all turn out with the "New Vegas" regime, but I do know one thing for sure...definitely won't give in to the crappy "rental" of Adobe software, and if I must, will learn DaVinci Resolve, or pay for CyberLink video software (already suffered with Pinnacle - never again!).
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter, Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 14 is now released !!!

Posted 24 Sep 2016 10:44 #30
Thanks for the update Chief. I have been reading many threads reporting little to no improvement in the GPU department, but I think there are some folks getting improvement in the preview department, but no so much in the render department. I to, went through many excruciating pains with Pinnacle and will never return to them.
Best Regards......George

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.921 seconds