VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Important Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 - News on Bugs, Build versions and Development

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551
Hello all MSZ Forum members.

It's 2:00 AM Sydney, Australia time and I have a bad case of insomnia, so I'm listening to "Designated Survivor" on Netflix in the background and reading forum posts about Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14.

Is Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 a designated survivor ?
It appears the answer is yes!

The reason why I am writing this post right now, is because I have just read an excellent post by Gary Rebholz, that explains why there have been delays in releasing an updated build version to address the list of bugs . I highly recommend that all Movie Studio users read what Gary has to say, because it explains what is really going on behind the scenes.

www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/was-disable-resample-removed-from-movie-studio-platinum-14-0--105694/#ca659761

Hopefully the new build version is almost here...

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:29 Jun 2017 09:30 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24, vkmast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Noted that welcomed comment as well. Here's hoping for the best possible outcome.
by vkmast

Thanks for the update on this Derek. I was just reading that particular post a couple days ago. Just wish Gary didn't have to receive all the bad crap being thrown at him. It is amazing how many forums/YouTube comment sections, etc. continue to have so much "Bu!!$h!t" and worthless comments in them. And from what I see, it continues to get worse.

But, glad that Gary was able to try and explain some of the issues they are having getting the update out. Guess all the "baby, wet-nosed, diaper draggers" just aren't getting what "They" want, fast enough! :) Me, been enjoying both Vegas Pro 14 and Movie Studio Suite 14 on my two machines, running alongside Movie Studio Suite 13 on both. Problems, occasionally, but nothing you can't yell at the computer about, walk away for 10 minutes or so, grab a fresh hot cup of coffee (Folgers or Maxwell House - I'm not a "Fanboy"). I just wonder if all these people complain about everything like that. Hell, wonder if they complain to Google about the worthless search engine that brings up everything but what you typed in; or YouTube on their searches as well.
Still not sure how on a search at YouTube for "2017 4K video editing computer builds", can bring up the crappy Linus Tech Tips build as the first one from almost three years ago?

Actually, all the programs are running fine, been trying to learn DaVinci Resolve 14 (beta), along with HitFilm 4 Express; the biggest issues I have run into is the Asus RX 480 Strix OC card I got, did not perform quite as well as hoped, on either machine. One machine has an LG 34" 3440 x 1440 Ultra-Wide, the other (profile pc) has two Samsung 28" 4K screens. Mainly got it for the Ultra-Wide, but it really "chugged" along and stuttered in Vegas Pro and Movie Studio, compared to the older Asus Strix GTX 980 in it. So, I put the new MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC in the guy, and working much better, especially for the few games I have on that computer. Though I will admit, on that computer I have now finally seen that NewBlue FX "watermark" problem discussed. No biggie for me, use something else. At least I found it while doing the testing with that RX 480 card!

But on a much brighter note, Gary and the team are working on the issues, trying to make sure they expectantly get it correct, without some other problem arising. God let me wake up this morning so he can laugh at me while I endure the different "medical issues" from the service, but he cooks some mean eggs! Knock on wood, my computers are still working, my children are still healthy (that I know of since they are both in Florida); and I get to enjoy some great members here on your forum!

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.

Yes, it's a pity that Gary has to spend time dealing with the ranters and ravers. It possibly adds further delay to the eagerly awaited patch.
by ericlnz

Indeed, the patch is eagerly awaited, not to mention desperately needed. They probably needed to release the initial build(s) to meet the February 2017 deadline and did not (do not) have enough time and resources to fully test the software. I'm afraid that, judging by the MS 14 introduction article in the Magix Vegas Magazine and some later postings by the dev members on the forums, there may later be some downgrades regarding e.g. Platinum to more differentiate that version from the Pro version and entice current Platinum users to upgrade to Pro.

Btw, it seems that they have not (yet) adopted the SCS upgrade pricing policy where you needed to have a valid serial number of a former version as far as their VMS product line is concerned.

I also feel that Magix should drop the basic version altogether if they are not wanting to allocate enough resources to the Vegas team. It's just causing unnecessary confusion. They seem to be able to price the Platinum version rather competitively anyway in those so-called upgrade offers that they are now starting to get better available, if not permanently. See Eric Dettman's reply on the CC forum to my comment about the Magix support upgrade to MS 14 link not working.
Last Edit:03 May 2017 01:48 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

I agree VK, the basic version does cause confusion and doesn't help promote the product.

As for the differentation between MS and Pro, Magix need to be careful. They could be keeping out features that are found in competing consumer products. There actually could be a disadvantage in starting from a Pro product then cutting out features compared to say Corel Video Studio Ultimate X10 and Cyberlink Power Director 15 which are presumably designed ground up.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, vkmast

There's (by now) one report on the Magix Vegas MS forum about the new update build 122. It says that it "cleared all the listed issues of this topic.
Maybe issue 7 not, but I never saw that as a problem, so I dont know if it is changed.
"
That's good news to many users. If the contrast issue is still there though, I'll probably have to wait for v 15 as that issue and the missing GUI darkness options are a problem for me personally. Maybe I just value my eyesight more than video editing?
by vkmast

DoctorZen wrote: Hello all MSZ Forum members.
I highly recommend that all Movie Studio users read what Gary has to say, because it explains what is really going on behind the scenes.

Hopefully the new build version is almost here...

Thank you for the update Derek. Like all the forum members who have posted and read this post, I look forward to the update/patch.
I have not been on the forum much in the last few weeks. I had a major system crash after following advice from a technician in the company that make 'Total Authoring Works'. I removed a MS Patch and my OS just collapsed never to return. Its only when that happens that you realise how many individual items of software has to be re-installed. Some good has come out of the re-build, the system starts faster and i have clean installs of VMS 13 and 14 which are currently running very well indeed.

Regards Malcolm
by Videome

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551

Videome wrote: Like all the forum members who have posted and read this post, I look forward to the update/patch.

As vkmast reported above, the new build version #122 has been released.
It appears to have fixed most of the bugs reported so far, except for some.

If you kept a copy of the installer file for Vegas Movie Studio, run it again and just select Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14.
The new version will download and install itself.

The installer file looks like this:
vegasmoviestudio14suite_dlm.exe
or
vegasmoviestudio14_dlm.exe

If you did not save a copy of this file, login to your Magix Account and go to My Account/My Products and select Installation program.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Videome

Thank you very much for this information. Is there anything else you have to do with the update, like enter the serial number etc.? John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.580 seconds