VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Important Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 - News on Bugs, Build versions and Development

Thank you Derek, Its downloading as I post this reply.
Regards, Malcolm
by Videome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551

pioneer wrote: Thank you very much for this information. Is there anything else you have to do with the update, like enter the serial number etc.? John

After updating any Magix/Vegas program, the activation window will appear and ask to confirm your serial number.
99% of the time, it should auto-fill with your unique number and you just have to press the accept button.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

As the thread title allows, some of you might be interested in this comment by a Magix Vegas dev team member.
Last Edit:04 May 2017 05:52 by vkmast

Thanks for the update Derek. Just went to the Vegas site, posted in the forum there that vk linked to as well. Getting ready to do my own "update" on 14, once I finish up here in our forum.

Happy Editing!

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.

When the file installed it asked me if I wanted to update my existing to which I said yes. The serial number was automatically inserted for me BUT MS14 needed to be activated again by phoning home to Magix.
by ericlnz

ericLNZ said:

When the file installed it asked me if I wanted to update my existing to which I said yes. The serial number was automatically inserted for me BUT MS14 needed to be activated again by phoning home to Magix.

Ditto for me! Opened a previous project. All seems to be working fine. Only time will tell! :)
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.

I get the impression that this build 122 is even darker or is it just me.

Here are two places where I have difficulty in easily seeing whether an icon is activated or not. And the timeline scale which is so faint. The Take labels which bother others I don't find a problem.

Question - is it just me or do others have the same problem?

Actually they look slightly clearer in these images than they do in MS14!!
Last Edit:04 May 2017 14:30 by ericlnz
Attachments:

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551

I get the impression that this build 122 is even darker or is it just me.

I honestly don't think build version #122 is any darker.
I have been taking screen shots from build version #105 and they are no different to #122.

There is a problem with how the icons display and what they are meant to look like when active.
I picked up this problem when Magix uploaded some basic tutorials to their YouTube channel .
How the icons look in their video screen captures, is different to what they look like on Windows 10.

I suspect Magix created their Vegas tutorials on a Windows 7 machine and not Windows 10, and that may explain the differences.
It would be great if someone who is still using Windows 7, could upload a screen shot of the Timeline Icons, so we could see if Windows is part of the problem?
The Magix version looks much better, because active icons display a fine border and pale blue colour.
Once I find out what VMSP14 looks like on Windows 7, I will post this problem with the icons on the official VEGAS forums.

Here is what the icons look like on Windows 10 from my computer:

Here is what the icons look like from Magix YouTube video screen capture:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:04 May 2017 23:00 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Eric thanks for this. Have not upgraded yet. You said you had to phone Magix to activate the program once again. Without searching where do I find that number if I need to with MSPS. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
Last Edit:04 May 2017 17:26 by pioneer

Sorry John my terminology is confusing. When I say it phones home I mean the software does it automatically like when you first install Movie Studio. You don't have to do anything other than be connected to the internet.
by ericlnz

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.834 seconds