VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Loved Vegas Pro 15 has been released !

Replied by ericlnz on topic Vegas Pro 15 has been released !

Posted 02 Sep 2017 19:50 #21
Thanks vkmast, there's obviously hope.

I don't mind the dark background. In fact I prefer it to the MS13 colour. It's the black buttons that annoy me. Especially the icons that occupy most of their area so there's not much background anyway. The best example of the worst is the 'Split Screen View' plus icons in the Event Pan/Crop window and Track Motion window. I'd like to make them orange or yellow instead of black. So I'm interested in finding out if Pro 15 allows this. I note you can alter the colour strength but can you alter the actual colour.
Last Edit:02 Sep 2017 19:53 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 15 has been released !

Posted 03 Sep 2017 09:01 #22
Below are some different setting including default installation first, then changing the background (Interface Type), and the strength of the color icons. If there are any other changes available, I haven't found them as yet.

Icon color strength is adjustable from 0-100%.

Interface Type offers 4 options: Dark, Medium, Light, White.

This is default settings, icon color strength 75% and Interface Type Dark

This is default settings, icon color strength 75% and Interface Type Dark

This is icon strength 25% and Interface Type Dark

This is icon strength 25% and Interface Type Dark

This is icon strength 75% and Interface Type Medium

This is icon strength 75% and Interface Type Medium

This is icon strength 100% and Interface Type Medium

This is icon strength 100% and Interface Type Medium

(edited to add Preferences Window)
This is the default MVP15 Display Preferences

This is a the default SVP13 Display Preferences
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:03 Sep 2017 09:23 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye., Richard Jones, vkmast

Posted 03 Sep 2017 10:37 #23
Thanks George.

Icon color saturation and Icon color tint were available back in Sony Movie Studio 12 days but were dropped in Magix Vegas Movie Studio 13, and are likewise missing in VMS14. I found that playing with these colours did nothing to the highlighting of selected/active icons. It appears the situation is the same with Vegas Pro 15 so presumably will be the same in MS15 when released.

It is the colour, and its strength, of icon highlighting (not the actual icons colour) that is my problem. The lack of contrast is a frustration and Magix just don't seem to understand. Yet I understand their own original Magix Video line of products does not have the same problem.
by ericlnz

Posted 03 Sep 2017 11:28 #24
At the installation default (75%), the levels are set fine for me. When the strength is increased to 100%, they provide a little more contrast, although that may not be sufficient for your taste. We all have preferences, however how Magix has setup the icon colors is not an issue for me.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Posted 03 Sep 2017 12:13 #25
Thanks George.

Perhaps it's just me!
by ericlnz

Posted 04 Sep 2017 00:55 #26
If I had a complaint Eric, it would probably be the size and the actual icons Magix has been using. I think most users including me, especially those who started with version 12 and earlier, complain that the icons used in ver 13 of Movie Studio were much too large and wasted space. The icons Sony used for ver 13 Vegas Pro were about the right size. For me, the icons Magix has used in ver 15 seem a bit small and stuffed too tight together and then stuffed on the left side of the top toolbar. At least on my monitor. There is not a huge difference, just enough in comparison to other programs I use I would prefer them a bit larger (just a little bit, not huge like Movie Studio 13).

However in comparison to some of the other programs I use often, Resolve 14 and Hitfilm Express, the background and display layout of ver 15 is very similar. I also use Mercalli 4+ SAL and ReSpeedr which are closer in comparison to the Sony ver 13 Vegas Pro with the overall light grey layout. It doesn't matter that much to me, either the dark or lighter grey display layout (although I would prefer the darker), but the slightly smaller icons, stuffed tight together and perhaps the icon display in version 15 Vegas Pro seems cluttered compared to Resolve 14 and HitFilm.

On the other hand, only after a couple of days fussing around with Vegas Pro 15, I'm starting to get use to the icons. I did customize the upper and timeline toolbars and place a separator between each icon and two separators between groups of icons, which provides for a bit more space between the icons. For me this reduces a bit of the clutter appearance. It would be nice if that same feature was available for the icons in the Project Media window.
Best Regards......George

Posted 04 Sep 2017 09:37 #27
A lot probably depends upon the size of your screen. Mine is 24 inch and I have a second smaller 19 inch alongside. I use both with MS14. I cannot imagine trying to edit without two screens yet folk use laptops with just one smaller screen and the icons on those must appear rather small.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by pioneer on topic Vegas Pro 15 has been released !

Posted 04 Sep 2017 16:45 #28

ericlnz wrote: A lot probably depends upon the size of your screen. Mine is 24 inch and I have a second smaller 19 inch alongside. I use both with MS14. I cannot imagine trying to edit without two screens yet folk use laptops with just one smaller screen and the icons on those must appear rather small.

Such as me Eric. :-)
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

Posted 05 Sep 2017 09:22 #29

LUT Filter OFX plug-in enables the user to apply LUTs to their project at any of the four supported FX levels (event, track, media, and video bus)

Although this feature should be exciting for those who want to start using 'Lookup Tables' (LUTs) for grading, I wasn't that excited as I have been using LUTs in SVP13 for over a year with the 'VisionColor LUT' Plugin, on the same levels, event. track, media and video bus. However, the Magix VP15 'LUT Plugin' has a distinct feature over the VisionColor LUT, and that is a 'Strength' option offering 0-100% via an adjustment bar. This of course allows minor or major adjustments to the intensity of the LUT which can save a lot of time if our grading only needs a small tweak adjustment that intensity will solve. And, even better, is how slick the Strength adjustment works with key frames to make those strength adjustments fluctuate throughout the event, track or bus! Even to the point of a complete fade-in or fade-out. I could never figure out how to do that in SVP13. It's quick and slick and for me this is a really neat feature.

There still is not a feature to save a LUT within MVP15, and I wouldn't think there are many wanting this feature as yet, so I will continue to use Resolve 14 and Affinity Photo to build LUTs. Although a round about could be to make color adjustments in MVP15 to a short sample event, render out, then bring it into Resolve 14, make any additional grades and save the LUT to bring back into MVP15 with the VEGAS LUT Plugin. Or, make color adjustments in MVP15, save a frame (png) and bring that into Affinity Photo (or Photoshop), then save out the 3D .cube LUT.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Jones

Replied by BrianK on topic Vegas Pro 15 has been released !

Posted 10 Mar 2018 07:04 #30
I have been through a variety of versions of MS Plat. I am ready to upgrade as I think the new build has some advantages for me. But I am at a crossroads. Should I go instead and purchase Vegas Pro Edit 15 for a lot more cash?

Could you please give me some reasons off the top of your head why it might be advantageous to spend more money and move over to Vegas Pro Edit?

Thanks in advance.
by BrianK

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.015 seconds