VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Scene selection (chapters) not at beginning of DVD

Scene selection (chapters) not at beginning of DVD was created by Don Pedro

Posted 13 Mar 2017 05:22 #1
I rendered a DVD from DVD Architect. It included a scene selection page (not menu) that I assumed would be the first thing you would see when inserting and playing the DVD. It wasn't there. I did find it however, at the end of the DVD. I re-started the DVD and no, no scene selection. The DVD starts from the beginning of the time line. Any thoughts of just my latest headache trying to make a DVD?? How do I make the scene selection the FIRST thing displayed on the DVD??
Thanks.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2017 17:21 by Don Pedro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Scene selection (chapters) not at beginning of DVD

Posted 13 Mar 2017 06:49 #2
See the DVD A online help item "The Project Overview Window" (Set the disc start item) or here , post # 9.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Replied by Don Pedro on topic Scene selection (chapters) not at beginning of DVD

Posted 13 Mar 2017 07:58 #3
OK. I got the star clicked on to "scene selection". Does the Video that I want to play after the scene selection have to be under the scene selection chapters? Now there is: untitled
My Movie Video < this is my video, is it OK in this position, or does it need to be placed below the *Scene Selection?
Scene Selection
*Scene Selection (page 1) < has star so should play first
Link (chapter)
Link (chapter) etc.... THANK YOU
Last Edit:13 Mar 2017 08:20 by Don Pedro

Replied by vkmast on topic Scene selection (chapters) not at beginning of DVD

Posted 13 Mar 2017 20:44 #4
A bit difficult without seeing your actual menu structure, but you can test your choices by using Preview.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by Don Pedro on topic Scene selection (chapters) not at beginning of DVD

Posted 14 Mar 2017 01:12 #5
Clicking the "set to start" on Scene Selection worked! Now Scene Selection displays first on the DVD. But a small, yet not insignificant weirdness happened. The actual movie that follows the scene selection page starts several seconds into the movie. Before I added the scene selection, I previewed the video and all was well...it starts with 5 sec. of blank screen then fades into music and text. AFTER inserting the scene selection, when I click scene 1, the video now start in the middle of the music and text, cutting off maybe the first 10 seconds. I think I can live with this, BUT, do you happen to know what mat have caused this?? Thanks again for your help...slowly but surely I am figuring this out!

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Scene selection (chapters) not at beginning of DVD

Posted 25 Mar 2017 17:21 #6
Hello Don Pedro

If you still need any help with your left over problems, please email me a copy of your .dar DVD Architect project file.
help@moviestudiozen.com

I will be able to inspect your settings and see that the problem is.

Regards
Derek Moran
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Pedro

Posted 25 Mar 2017 23:42 #7
I re-clicked my settings, made sure the time line/with the scene selection was visibly scrolled to the beginning, tried again and this time it came out correctly. Actually, I have no clue what I changed, if anything, but I now have a finished DVD. Thank you for your help!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Scene selection (chapters) not at beginning of DVD

Posted 26 Mar 2017 17:53 #8
Thanks for the report back :)
It sounds like you experienced an X-file, which is not uncommon when making discs.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.801 seconds