VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved DVD Architect not responding when using External Hard Drive

I was rendering in Movie Studio Platinum 13 to an external hard drive. One project went well--I was able to save it in Architect 5.0. When I did the next project and tried to save to DVD Architect the Architect 5.0 program became "Not Responding". I then clicked "Finish". I can see both of the rendered video and audio files but can't seem to get them into the Architect project?
Any suggestions?
Last Edit:21 Sep 2014 13:19 by Moondog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic DVD Architect not responding when using External Hard Drive

Posted 21 Sep 2014 13:34 #2
Can you please explain your workflow in a bit more detail.

So I know you were rendering video for DVD using Movie Studio Platinum 13.
Are you doing this manually or using the semi-automated process ?

1. Make Movie - Saving to hard drive and then using Render As ? With this method, you have to open DVD Architect yourself and import the video file into program.
OR
2. Make Movie - Burn it to DVD or Blu-ray, and then using one of the options. When this method is completed, DVD Architect opens up and puts the video into program for you.

Using External Hard Drives can sometimes cause problems for people, because they go into sleep mode and won't wake properly when needed again - this is what causes Movie Studio or DVD Architect to not respond.
The best remedy for this is to make sure your Ext. Hard Drive is connected when you turn your computer on AND to use method 1 for making DVDs.
Here are instructions for making a DVD 100% manually, which gives you maximum control.
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/167-how-to-render-a-dvd-for-dvd-architect

The first thing I suggest you do is reset and clean the cache for DVD Architect and Movie Studio.
Sometimes a build up of garbage files in the cache can also cause problems.
Do this for both programs:
Turn Movie Studio/Vegas/DVD Architect Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Moondog on topic DVD Architect not responding when using External Hard Drive

Posted 21 Sep 2014 14:03 #3
Derek,
I can see the rendered files on my external drive. How do I move them to DVD Architect? The folder I rendered them to was empty, after rendering there is four files.

I rendered using the "Burn it to DVD or Blue-ray, following your tutorial "How to Render Video for DVD/Blu-ray with Menus using Sony Movie Studio Platinum" . When it was done I clicked on the "Send to DVD Architect". The first render worked fine, when I did the second render it seemed DVD Architect was "Not Responding" so I clicked on the "Finish" button. I've only rendered one video and sent to DVD Architect so I didn't think the cache needed a dump? Also, from the school of hard knocks, I've learned to set the computer sleep mode to "Never"..I am rendering at this time. I will do the reset and clean when it is done.

I was wondering: I rendered a project (son’s soccer game) and clicked finish when DVD Architect didn’t work. Then found it on the external drive: there were actually 4 files. How do I send the already rendered files to DVD Architect. My final goal is to create a Blu-ray with menu’s that allow the viewer to select any one of three soccer games.

Thanks for your help
Moondog
Last Edit:21 Sep 2014 16:59 by Moondog

Replied by DoctorZen on topic DVD Architect not responding when using External Hard Drive

Posted 21 Sep 2014 17:16 #4
Please do not respond to the Automated Emails that tell you about new messages on the forum.
Always respond by posting in the forum.
At the bottom of all notification emails from the forum it says:
"Do not answer to this e-mail notification as it is a generated e-mail".

I have edited your message and added in the parts you emailed me.

Now to answer your questions.
At the end of the video tutorial and also at the bottom of the article, I explained exactly what to do when you have more than one video you want to add to a DVD.
Please re-read/re-watch this:
How to Render Video for DVD/Blu-ray with Menus using Sony Movie Studio Platinum
The important part to read is in the second half of Step 7 and is titled "Special Note for DVD and Blu-ray projects with more than one video".

To import videos 2, 3, 4,....
I showed exactly what to do in the video tutorial.
Open your DVD Architect Project - right-click Menu Tree and import videos.
For you, you will have to navigate to the Ext. Hard Drive and import ONLY the .mpg files - that is all that is needed.

All the suggestions I gave you in the my first reply are just me covering all the obvious bases.
Some will apply and some will not - I'm just diagnosing broadly to find a quick solution.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Moondog on topic DVD Architect not responding when using External Hard Drive

Posted 23 Sep 2014 08:46 #5
Moving right along!! Thanks for your help. Put together a Blu-ray... new there was something about needing a return button on the screen but gave it a shot..Burnt the disc. put it in the Blu-ray player and it started playing as soon as the door closed....what did I do wrong. I did watch part 1 & 2 of the tutorials you linked and still am struggling with the return button and end commands... also, when I'm creating the menu's I do not get the arrows connecting the menu box to th return button that appears in your tutorials??? I am using DVD Architect 5.0
by Moondog

Posted 23 Sep 2014 12:33 #6
Before I move along, I will assume that your original problems have now been fixed after you looked at the information I sent you ?

I have an in-depth two part tutorial which explains how to create complex menus.
I have not made mention of this too you before now.
Please watch.
How to make a DVD with Menus Part 1 using Sony DVD Architect Studio 5.0

How to make a DVD with Menus Part 2 using Sony DVD Architect Studio 5.0

If you need further help, please supply screen shots of your Disc Menu Tree. Then I can see how you have constructed your menu.
You can upload a maximum image size of 800px wide x 1200px high at 300kB.
Last Edit:30 Jan 2015 23:54 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.367 seconds