VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved can't get audio to play

can't get audio to play was created by Moondog

Posted 03 May 2015 08:55 #1
Hi,
I’m rendering from Sony Studio Platinum 13 to my hard drive. In Make Movie I select Bluray Disc with Menus. I set both Audio and Video file paths to the same location with the same file name. After rendering, I can see both audio and video files in the file folder. I import media to DVD Architect 5.0 then drag & drop it under the MENU title. When I use the preview I cannot hear the sound. I can import the sound file, drag and drop under the menu title and hear the sound in preview but cannot see the video. I have watched several of your videos (which are great!) but I can’t put my finger on what I’m missing. Any suggestions?
Peter
I have successfully made bluray discs before.
by Moondog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic can't get audio to play

Posted 03 May 2015 19:01 #2
Hi Peter

My guess is that you have multiple files located in the Movie Studio Cache and this is creating your problem.
However I can't tell from your message if you have been saving the files to the default location or if you have set a different folder location.

There are two basic ways to make a disc.
#1. Use automated Make Movie function
#2. Render Video and Audio files separately yourself, by using this pathway: Make Movie/Save to Hard Drive/Advanced Options
Then render to a Blu-ray MPEG2 template for video
and then to Sony Wave64 for audio.

When you use the automated Make Movie function for making Blu-ray discs, the program has already assigned the output folders for you.
MSP uses this location to store the Video and Audio files. This is the Movie Studio Cache.
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum\13.0\Untitled.m2v
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum\13.0\Untitled.w64

The first thing I suggest you do is clean the Movie Studio Cache.
The AppData folder is hidden by default in Windows, so first you will have to un-hide it.
Read this for instructions:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/448-text-media-generators#1637
Now open C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum\13.0 and delete all the files in here.
Don't worry, all the important files will regenerate next time you open Movie Studio.

You have three options now.
#1. Re-render using default automatic Make Movie/Burn it to Blu-ray/Blu-ray with Menus and use default output folder location in Cache
#2. Re-render using default automatic Make Movie/Burn it to Blu-ray/Blu-ray with Menus and set your own output folder location - My Documents/Movie Studio Platinum Projects/Your Blu-ray Project
#3. Render everything manually using Advanced Render As options.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 Sep 2015 15:18 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.721 seconds