VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Compressing video file

• phiwe
  • phiwe's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 5

Compressing video file was created by phiwe

Posted 06 Dec 2016 05:06 #1
Most music video files i download online are around 40 to 80 MEGA BYTES. What software to use to achieve this considering my rendered music videos average at 400 MB. After using AVC Convertor they average at 170 MG?
Last Edit:06 Dec 2016 14:24 by phiwe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Compressing video file

Posted 06 Dec 2016 14:24 #2

Most music video files i download online are around 40 to 80 MEGA BYTES

If you are referring to video downloaded from YouTube, YouTube uses it's own special algorithm to super-compress every video.
They are creating a final format version which is not meant to ever be edited again.

If you were to try and do what YouTube does and then upload it to YouTube, the quality would probably look absolutely terrible, due to over-compression.

If you want your videos to look good on YouTube, it is better to upload a higher bit rate version and let YouTube make it smaller for you.

The basic rule for making video files smaller, is to use lower Bit Rates.
Lower Bit Rates = Smaller File Sizes = Lower Quality

Encoders like DivX can get your file sizes much smaller, when using appropriate settings.

The best free encoder I know of is Handbrake.fr
I recently posted some basic instructions for how to use this encoder.
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/general-discussion/1241-hi-i-am-a-new-member-and-looking-for-guidance-with-using-sony-editing-products-for-content-shot-with-my-iphone#5666
One of the main area that controls file sizes in this encoder, is at Step 9.
H.264 Profile and H.264 Level needs to be set lower, for smaller file size.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:06 Dec 2016 14:41 by DoctorZen

• phiwe
  • phiwe's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by phiwe on topic Compressing video file

Posted 07 Dec 2016 17:25 #3
I tried handbreak before bt my converted files were getting lost. Will try it with instructions provided. Thanks
by phiwe

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.769 seconds