VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved NTSC in PAL Region

Replied by Eagle Six on topic NTSC in PAL Region

Posted 13 Feb 2017 05:13 #11
Hi phiwe,

I have another thought on your panning issue with 24 fps. I'm sure you know this, however thought I would mention it, just in case. You haven't stated the DSLR or lens you are using so this might not apply, depending on the features.

On a couple occasions over the years I have inadvertently left stabilization 'On', when I was using a tripod to pan. As we know this may cause the camera stabilization system to think the pan movement is camera shake and over compensate. I have also done this when smoothly panning handheld. Of course if your camera/lens does not have stabilization feature, or you switch it off when making smooth handheld or tripod mounted pans, this would not be an issue. Just a thought.
Best Regards......George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Peter on topic NTSC in PAL Region

Posted 13 Feb 2017 11:52 #12
Phiwe,
As George mentions, the act of using lens stabilization does have a definite effect on the ability to produce clear results.
I have on many occasions (relative) videoed a slow pan with stabilization operating and then realized the fact and have "let go" of the setting.
The image tremor is no longer present in the result when LS is turned off.
Just to be little cheeky (on a Vegas forum) - I have also used open source software, namely "Kinovea" to view "Slo Mo" very successfully. There are several features that allow for smooth viewing (and archiving).

Regards,

Peter
Last Edit:13 Feb 2017 14:40 by Peter

• phiwe
  • phiwe's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by phiwe on topic NTSC in PAL Region

Posted 13 Feb 2017 16:05 #13
Yes, one may leave stabilization on unaware i agree.

As you guys mentioned, slower movements and pans are what one must do or even no pan at all. Wil try check the motion blur effect to see how it does.
Last Edit:17 Feb 2017 22:57 by phiwe

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.728 seconds