VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Planing to get an AMD with ATI Graphics. bad idea?

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Planing to get an AMD with ATI Graphics. bad idea?

Posted 04 Jan 2017 13:50 #11
Hi Stephan,

Glad to hear you got a new computer and things seem to be running well on it. Good luck in your "editing endeavors"!

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan

p.s. The reviews are starting to pour in for the new Intel "Kaby Lake" processors. Hardly any improvements for the processor, better overclocking chops, and the newer "Z270 chipsets" are slightly enhanced. Unfortunately, still nothing on the AMD and Vega (graphics card) front. :(
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by alittleolder on topic Planing to get an AMD with ATI Graphics. bad idea?

Posted 07 Jan 2017 08:34 #12
The Kabbylake really seems more like a rebranding as there are just minimal improvements. It's funny. I didn't concern myself with hardware for about 3 years due to illness, but once you start again, you right in the middle of it within a few days. I will be interested in the 7800k (which would be the logical name to give the processor) but the 7700k is, as they say, nothing to write home about..

Thanks a lot for your support!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.879 seconds