VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Screen blacking out

Replied by ericlnz on topic Screen blacking out

Posted 26 Jul 2017 22:05 #11
Help/About Firefox

Bookmarks/Show All Bookmarks/Import and Backup/Export Bookmarks to HTML
by ericlnz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Screen blacking out

Posted 26 Jul 2017 22:08 #12
The " Help/About Firefox " is what I'm looking for. I don't see it on the main page.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

Replied by ericlnz on topic Screen blacking out

Posted 27 Jul 2017 09:52 #13
Perhaps you don't have the Menu Bar showing?

by ericlnz
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, MrGrunthunter

Posted 27 Jul 2017 12:29 #14
You're correct. I don't have a menu bar showing. I don't see where the option is to turn it on though. :-(
oops ... I just stumbled across it. I have version 54.0.1 (32 - bit) and it says it's up to date.
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3

GTX-1070
Last Edit:01 Aug 2017 13:41 by MrGrunthunter

Posted 01 Aug 2017 23:41 #15
I had my viewing window go black on me again today while I was watching something off of my Facebook page. In preparation I had my Task Manager Performance window running so I could check to see what was going on with my memory allocation if this happened. I captured a screen shot of it but don't see where I have a memory issue unless I'm looking at this wrong.

GTX-1070
Attachments:

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Screen blacking out

Posted 02 Aug 2017 00:25 #16
From the beginning of this thread, my money was on a Graphics Card problem.
If you have installed MSI Afterburner as I suggested, that will show you a lot more detail about what is actually going on.

I am also wondering if the problem is being caused by the Nvidia Driver you are currently using.
Sometimes certain drivers do not work well with particular graphics card models, especially if you are using a much older card.
Find out which exact driver you have installed now, then try installing a older driver version - go back a couple of versions...
You can look up old Nvidia Drivers using this tool here:
www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
Make sure to download an older driver first, then when you un-install your current driver, you will have the next driver ready to install.
Also make sure to do a clean install, by selecting the clean install option in the installer (can't remember exactly what the option says, but you will know what I mean when you see it).

Make sure to have Afterburner set to turn on when your computer starts:

This is the Skin I use:

If none of the above bares fruit, try reading these suggestions here:
superuser.com/questions/1090394/black-screen-when-playing-video-fullscreen-in-windows-10
superuser.com/questions/807488/screen-turns-black-for-a-few-secs-while-watching-full-screen-video
superuser.com/questions/723402/black-screen-issue-playing-videos-in-youtube-on-google-chrome
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Posted 02 Aug 2017 00:29 #17
Additional important information about Afterburner !

If Afterburner is not turned ON, go to program list and get it going.
It lives in bottom Windows task bar on right.

After opening the Afterburner window, always close the window by pressing - button and not x, otherwise it turns program OFF !!!

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:02 Aug 2017 00:31 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Posted 04 Aug 2017 23:51 #18
OK, Tnx Derek. I downloaded MSI Afterburnner and have it running and minimized. Waiting now for the next time the screen goes blank to see if I can pull it up and see what the parameters are.

GTX-1070

Posted 06 Aug 2017 12:41 #19
While watching a news video off of my FaceBook page just now my screen went black again. I quickly maximized MSI Afterburnner and made a screen shot of it. Don't know what it's telling me though.

GTX-1070
Attachments:

Posted 06 Aug 2017 12:50 #20
Change the skin you are using for Afterburner - I showed the best one to use in previous message.
When error occurs, you need to scroll down readouts, which will show all the various elements being affected.
If something suddenly changed, you will see a spike or drop in the graph.

Did you try rolling back your Graphics Driver as I suggested ?

If changing your Graphics Driver to an older Driver does not fix problem, it seems more and more likely that a Hardware failure is occurring in the card.
The only solution for that, is to buy a new Graphics Card or get a second hand card from eBay.
When my GTX460 died, I bought a GTX570 from someone on eBay.
I was lucky to score an extremely well looked after card from another computer enthusiast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.893 seconds