VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved explorer window empty

• jshew
  • jshew's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

explorer window empty was created by jshew

Posted 15 Jul 2016 00:18 #1
Movie Studio Platinum 13 file explorer window (in Advanced) is empty. I think this may be result of a recent change of hard drive layout or a moving of media files to a different hard drive. If this is the cause, I wonder how Movie Studio can be made to see my storage structure?
by jshew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic explorer window empty

Posted 15 Jul 2016 00:44 #2
If you move folders onto a different Hard Drive, your computers master directory should still be visible in left menu of File Explorer.
I know that all Sony programs will become very upset if you try to install them anywhere but the C-drive.

There are three things I suggest you try.

1. Open Project Properties window and go to Folders tab.
Change default location for where you have moved Movie Studio Platinum 13 folder.

2. Reset and clean temp files cache. This may help restore File Explorer view port.
Follow instructions here: www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings

3. Movie Studio relies on the info that Windows is reporting to it. If you have not configured your master Windows folder properly, it will may cause confusion. Watch this video and go to 18:20 and see how I changed the default folder locations.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:15 Jul 2016 00:47 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

• jshew
  • jshew's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by jshew on topic explorer window empty

Posted 16 Jul 2016 10:41 #3
Thank you for those fix suggestions. Could performing any or all of them affect any ongoing projects in Movie Studio?
by jshew

Replied by DoctorZen on topic explorer window empty

Posted 16 Jul 2016 11:46 #4
None of the things I have suggested will delete any of your saved projects.
Just know that when you start moving folders around, this may affect old projects that are expecting media folders to be located somewhere else.
If this happens, Movie Studio has an automated app that will help you locate the new locations.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jshew

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.760 seconds