VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Purchasing MSP13 - Activation problems with new Magix servers [RESOLVED]

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Purchasing MSP13

Posted 26 Aug 2016 07:17 #11
That's what I was afraid of. Well, at least my trial version on my desktop is still working........for now!!!
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Purchasing MSP13

Posted 26 Aug 2016 08:13 #12

huskereurocat wrote: That's what I was afraid of. Well, at least my trial version on my desktop is still working........for now!!!

If the trial version works the same, you have 30 days before it expires, and that should be plenty for Magix and Sony to get it right and provide you a machine ID.

However some trial software had come with a watermark in the video preview and render. Does your trial version do that? If not, your trial should be a fully functional install, only needing the registration to unlock the trial.
Best Regards......George

Posted 26 Aug 2016 11:50 #13
It would seem, for now, that the trial version on my desktop is working. I hope that it holds for the 30 day trail, which if it holds I should have 27-28 days left on that version. There is no watermark so I can be grateful of that.
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Purchasing MSP13

Posted 26 Aug 2016 11:55 #14
Hi huskereurocat

No go! I am being asked for a Machine ID that I would have received in the email, and I didn't even get that. Thanks for trying though!!!

Let me explain some things for you.

#1. Don't panic. These types of problems will get resolved eventually. Trying to phone software companies is never a good idea. Normally you will get much faster responses by emailing the correct Support Departments and supplying as much information as possible, like the email address you used to buy/register software with.

This is the official new support details:
www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/support/

#2. I would imagine the main reason why you are experiencing a problem is because you were unlucky enough to buy the software on the worst possible day ever in the history or histories for Sony Software and Magix. As you know, Magix has bought most of Sony's product line. In the last 48 hours, one of the BIGGEST technical transitions from Sony to Magix has occurred and is still occurring right now. Up until 48 hours ago, most sales of existing products were still being processed through Sony's servers. That has now ended and Magix is now 100% in control of all sales from their computer system. There is a massive migration underway right now for all existing customer records, so they probably can't validate new purchases until the existing database is safely on the new system.

#3. Machine ID is not emailed to you. Machine ID is the unique ID for your computer.
It is found by opening any Sony program and going to Help/About **********
However, if the trial has expired and you haven't activated the program with a valid Serial Number yet, you will not be able to access this information from the program.

#4. What I am about to say next may no longer work, because these are the instructions from when Sony owned the program. Magix may have changed this.

The other method to locating the computer/machine ID would be opening the software and attempting to register online, regardless of whether or not you have an Internet connection. When the registration fails you will be given the options of retrying, or cancelling. Press the Retry button two more times and let it fail each time. Then press the Cancel button to see the screen with the computer ID/machine ID and serial number.

#5. Everything I have just told you is from how I have registered programs with Sony. This has NO involvement with going to websites. It was always controlled by the installer/activator app that pops up when you boot Movie Studio up. Here is a link to how registration use to be handled.
www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4294/~/how-to-register-your-software

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Aug 2016 11:56 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Posted 26 Aug 2016 12:02 #15
If you want to bypass all the bullshit, here is the new customer support form link:
support2.magix.com/customer/en/vegas/form
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Purchasing MSP13

Posted 27 Aug 2016 18:18 #16
Read huskereurocat's post (08/27/2016) in
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/activation-of-new-purchase--103159/

Seems he's 3*happy now :)
by vkmast

Posted 27 Aug 2016 23:22 #17
Hopefully huskereurocat will report back here, since we took the time to try and help on this forum.

Posted 28 Aug 2016 02:56 #18
Thanks for the help everyone!! I know that vkmast put a link to the solution to the problem, but I think we should put the solution here on the website. Sometimes links can get corrupted and/or disappear and such, so here it is.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Magix Support.

To resolve this issue, please do the following:

Close the program if it is running.

WARNING: The next step will require you to make changes in the Windows Registry. The Registry is a very sensitive area to work in. If you are not comfortable with advanced configuration and system changes, ask an administrator to help you with this. (Related Topics: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows: support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/en-us )

Next, open the Registry Editor. To do this on Windows, press the Windows key and R together on your keyboard. In the window that appears, type REGEDIT and press Enter. If prompted, allow the program to make changes to your computer.

In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following directory:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sony Creative Software > Movie Studio > 13.0 > License

Right-click the License folder ONLY and select Delete. If prompted, confirm you wish to delete the folder.

Once the folder has been deleted, close the Registry Editor.

Launch the program again. You should be prompted to enter your serial number.

Derek - If the issue with the buyout goes on it would be nice to have this handy for those that are having problems as well. Is there any way to make this a hot topic or sticky so that all can see the solution?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, mmcswnavy24, Eagle Six, vkmast

Posted 28 Aug 2016 03:25 #19
Thank you for posting the solution into the forum :wink:
It is now pinned to the top of this sub-forum and favourited, so it won't get lost in the crowd.
[IMG

There is a lot of activity with the team at Magix right now, in Germany and the USA. I have actually had some behind the scenes conversations with a few different team members based in Germany, and am really impressed with their level of service and dedication towards making a proper go of Vegas Creative Software. So if this flows through to all departments, I am quietly confident that any glitches will be thoroughly investigated and repaired ASAP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, huskereurocat

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.815 seconds