VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Insert or Copy/Paste Project?

• ERicJ
  • ERicJ's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 1

Insert or Copy/Paste Project? was created by ERicJ

Posted 27 Aug 2016 08:40 #1
I have three small projects that I'd like to render as one big project. I don't seem to be able to find a way to copy/paste things across projects or "insert" one project into another.

Is there an easy way to do that?

(Movie Studio Platinum 13)
by ERicJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Insert or Copy/Paste Project?

Posted 27 Aug 2016 09:03 #2
Hi ERicJ,

If all your small projects have the same tracks and order of tracks, it is relatively easy. Open two instances of MSP13 (if you have lots of ram you could probably open all three plus one to paste too, but having 2 instances is enough).

For reference I will call the first instance of MSP13 the working instance, and the other the combination instance. Set up the video and audio tracks in the combination instance the same as your 3 projects.

In the working instance open the first of your 3 project that you want to be first in the combined series. Then select all the events.... Ctrl+A will select all the events on all the tracks. Then Ctrl+C (to copy).

Move to the combination instance. With the timeline cursor all the way to the left, press Ctrl+V (paste). That should put everything from the working instance into the combination instance. Click anywhere in a blank area of any track to deselect everything. Now move the timeline cursor to the end of the last event.

Go back to the working instance. Close the 1st project you just copied and open the second project. Again Ctrl+A to select all, then Ctrl+C to copy.

Go over to the combination instance and Ctrl-V to paste. Click anywhere in a blank area of any track to deselect and move the timeline cursor to the end of the last event.

Just repeat the process again for the third and final small project and you should have all your small projects combined into one. It takes longer to write and read it, than it does to do it. Hope this helps.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: ERicJ

• ERicJ
  • ERicJ's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by ERicJ on topic Insert or Copy/Paste Project?

Posted 27 Aug 2016 12:55 #3
Excellent. I never thought to try opening a second instance. Not sure why the copy/paste clipboard doesn't persist across close/open projects. But your solution worked great. Thanks!
by ERicJ

Replied by Richard Jones on topic Insert or Copy/Paste Project?

Posted 27 Aug 2016 20:38 #4
Yes, that confused a lot of when we first tried to do this but at least it cam be done even if it's slightly cumbersome but it doesn't take too much time anyway.

Richard

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Insert or Copy/Paste Project?

Posted 28 Aug 2016 00:21 #5
Glad that worked out. There may be another way, but if I remember correctly I got that from Dr. Zen.
Best Regards......George

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Insert or Copy/Paste Project?

Posted 28 Aug 2016 03:41 #6
What you described Eagle Six was spot on.
I have an old tutorial which shows how to copy and paste from one project into another here:
How to Copy Media & FX using Vegas Movie Studio or Vegas Pro

Cheers :wink:
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Aug 2016 03:41 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.728 seconds