VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Transition Tab has dissappeared....? (Movie Studio 13 Platinum)

• Schell
  • Schell's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 10
I'm still kind of new to Movie Studio 13 Platinum.... I do however remember that at some point I had a Transitions Tab right under the 'search plug-ins' box. First there's Project media tab, then Video FX tab.... then Media Generators Tab... and there it ends. There used to be a Transitions tab...
so that means, at some point I have"Pushed a Wrong Button" or some other similar action on my part. I've looked and I'm unable to find any place to restore it. Is anyone familiar with where it might be hiding ??

And... while I'm asking for help, I'm curious about the Video FX Tab and it's functionality. I use a lot of FX plug-ins in my videos. I have a lot of fun with them but some times when I apply an FX plug-in, the "control panel window" doesn't open and I'm stuck with out having an option to manipulate (for example) brightness or contrast. At this point I just save and close out of Movie Studio 13 and exit the program. When I boot it back up, the problem is usually 'fixed' and the "control panel window" is up and running again. It's not such a big problem but I'm curious... is this just a glitch in the software??? Do I need to be concerned about this or just continue my way of fixing the problem.

I'd be most appreciative of any advice on these two questions.
Thanks ~ Schell.
by Schell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Schell,

Assuming you may have closed the 'Transitions (tab)' window, there are a couple keyboard shortcuts you can use to bring back the 'Transitions (tab)'. One is 'Alt+7'. That will load the 'Transitions (tab)' as the first to the far left. If you Left Click and hold on the 'Transitions (tab)', then drag the tab to the right you can position it wherever you like. Another shortcut is 'Alt+D' (release both), then 'D' again by itself (Alt+D, D). This will restore the default windows display. That should work, if not, there is another option or maybe two! Let us know.

As for your other question, I've never had this happen that I can remember. I'm sure Derek or others may have a solution. Perhaps knowing the steps you are taking to get the FX that doesn't show up would help.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, vkmast, Schell

Replied by vkmast on topic Transition Tab has dissappeared....? (Movie Studio 13 Platinum)

Posted 09 Sep 2016 08:57 #3
George's advice should solve your first problem. As for the other issue, you may need to reset software to default settings. The link to instructions is in the text section below this tutorial www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/59-how-to-find-lost-windows-a-tabs-in-sony-vegas-movie-studio-hd-platinum-10 . I recommend you watch that tutorial as well.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six, Schell

I recommend you reset the program, to fix Video FX window problem.
Instructions here: www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings

Normally when people can't find the Video FX window, they have accidentally docked it into the tabbed window section or it has slid off the desktop.
Vkmast's link shows how to check for that, however a full reset should fix all problems.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, Schell

• Schell
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by Schell on topic Transition Tab has dissappeared....? (Movie Studio 13 Platinum)

Posted 10 Sep 2016 03:43 #5
Bingo !! Thanks George! The Alt-D,D did the trick. Alt-7 brought up the window.... but the other one brought up the tab.

Thank you very much ~ Schell.
by Schell

• Schell
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by Schell on topic Transition Tab has dissappeared....? (Movie Studio 13 Platinum)

Posted 10 Sep 2016 03:44 #6
Thanks vkmast,
I'll give that a try.
by Schell

• Schell
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 10 Sep 2016 03:49 #7
Thanks Derek.

I will reset (-gulp-) the program..... just, after I finish the current project I'm working on.
Thanks so much. ~ Schell.
by Schell

Hi Schell,

For some reason, from time to time, and this has happened in my Movie Studio 12 & 13 Platinum and Vegas Pro 13, I start them up and the windows are changed! So, as suggested my Derek long ago, I customized the windows placement and sizes, then saved the layout......

View > Windows Layout > Save Layout. Then give it a name and it will assign a keyboard shortcut. I have saved several, but the primary one is 'Alt+D, 0'. Then when it starts up with a bad display layout, I just hit the 'Alt+D' then zero and my favorite window display layout is back instantly. This of course is just a work around, and we shouldn't have to do this, but if my memory serves correct, there isn't a specific known cause or cure. If another member here has a cure, I would be very interested in it.

Edit to add: By the way, in the past I have had to perform the reset a few times and never lost anything. Some of the changes I had made in preferences from the defaults are changed back to the defaults, but that is a part of the reset......the program is set back to it's factory installed defaults. It's wise to wait until you finish your project, provided nothing else is going wrong to prevent the completion. I just wanted to acknowledge, that Derek has never steered us wrong, and the reset is a safe procedure.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:10 Sep 2016 10:35 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schell

• Schell
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 11 Sep 2016 01:49 #9
Thanks George,

One of my concerns was having to reset things that were recommended in the tutorial videos. Thanks for the tips, they're going to be most helpful. Being new to all this.... a rest is a bit unnerving .... but I feel very confidant with all the support I get from MSZ.

Thanks ~ Schell.
by Schell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Hi Schell,

Within Movie Studio Platinum and Vegas Pro, there are many options which can be reached several different ways, from drop down or pop-up menus, as well as, keyboard shortcuts. If you haven't as yet downloaded Derek's eBook, I highly recommend it. Here is the link.....

Keyboard Shortcuts

There are so many shortcuts, it's a bit confusing at first, but the ones I use all the time, save a lot of time. Those I find myself looking up because of occasional use, I have on post-it and stickies all over my monitors and keyboard! The memory just isn't as good as it used to be (damn old age I suppose!), so the post-it notes make things handy.

Glad you have the Transition window worked out. Although I visit other websites forums, I have found Doctor Zen and the members here the most helpful and the most generous.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schell

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.908 seconds