VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved MSP 13 & 14 offer

• sargan
  • sargan's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 9

MSP 13 & 14 offer was created by sargan

Posted 25 Sep 2016 21:01 #1
Not sure if you are aware (I wasn't until yesterday) Magix have a deal where you can buy a discounted upgraded to MSP 13 ... now that in itself is good but not that special, 13 does not have much I need over 12.
What is special is that it also includes a free version of MSP 14 when it ships next year.
I would upgrade then as it makes sense not to be too many versions behind, I typically skip every other release.

I bought this yesterday .... fast download, and immediate activation using emailed serial Number - I know there have been reported problems - but it all worked fine for me.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2016 21:38 by sargan
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic MSP 13 & 14 offer

Posted 25 Sep 2016 21:20 #2
sargan,
I and many others on this forum and elsewhere have only seen leaked info on this VPro 13+14 offer on the forums. I and many others have been under the impression that this offer expired months ago. This whole matter is currently the topic of many heated discussions on vegascreativesoftware.info forums.

Can you show a link to the offer you took?
by vkmast

Replied by DoctorZen on topic MSP 13 & 14 offer

Posted 25 Sep 2016 23:16 #3
Hi Sargan

Can you please post the link you used from the email they sent you ?
Magix & Vegas Creative Software have only been selectively sending this deal to some people and countries.
As vkmast has stated, this is causing much heated discussion on the official Vegas Forums.

I am one of those people who has been totally left in the dark, so I would appreciate a link to the offer they gave you.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• sargan
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by sargan on topic MSP 13 & 14 offer

Posted 26 Sep 2016 01:46 #4
The Link popped up when I visited the Magix support forum.
Link does not seem to be there today ... but others have bought it ... deal is on until 29th Sept.

Upgrade to V13 no for $59 and this also entitles a free version of ver 14 when it is released in Feb.

It is also posted in the comments by BEN:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/515-review-of-sony-movie-studio-suite-13 ..... also in this post:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/1114-magix-vegas-movie-studio-13-platinum-now-and-free-14-in-february
Last Edit:26 Sep 2016 01:55 by sargan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Posted 26 Sep 2016 01:54 #5
Checking again sargan's post, I see he's referring to a Movie Studio Platinum offer.

If MAGIX act the way they did with existing users of the current version regarding the offer I mistakenly (here) mentioned vs the later upgrade offer for v.13 users, I'd grab the offer.

for Derek ( I got a Net Notify, no newsletter)
Platinum 59.95 USD, Suite 89.95 USD

www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/exclusive-welcome-offer-vegas-movie-studio-platinum/?=utm_source=VEGAS%20Movie%20Studio&utm_medium=VEGAS%20Newsfeed&utm_campaign=welcome%20offer
Last Edit:26 Sep 2016 02:11 by vkmast
Attachments:

Replied by Eagle Six on topic MSP 13 & 14 offer

Posted 26 Sep 2016 02:37 #6
Net notify, at least for me, seems as screwy as the email distribution. I get a net notify when starting Sony Vegas Pro build 453. I do not get a net notify when opening Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum, Sony Movie Studio 12 Platinum, or Magix Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum. I did get the email about the Magix Vegas Movie Studio 13p + free 14, as I previously posted.

Another interesting thing I just noticed, at least it is to me. It is my understanding, Magix had to rebrand the current version of Sony Vegas Pro 13 and Sony Movie Studio 13 to keep on selling versions 13 with the bundled 'free' deals. This included changing the program name to Magix Vegas Pro 13 and Magix Vegas Movie Studio 13p. In addition, from within the program, all the 'Sony' branding was changed in these updates, except one I just noticed.......'Use Net Notify to stay informed about Sony product updates', this is in both the rebranded updates issued by Magix for version 13. In Magix Vegas Pro 14 (trial) it has been changed to, 'Use Net Notify to stay informed about VEGAS product updates'. Maybe they missed more, which I haven't noticed yet! No big deal, just thought it was interesting they missed that. Wonder if that puts them in violation with their purchase agreement with Sony? On the other hand I don't really care.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

• sargan
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 26 Sep 2016 02:41 #7
That was the offer I saw and took up yesterday
by sargan

Replied by Eagle Six on topic MSP 13 & 14 offer

Posted 26 Sep 2016 02:51 #8
Hi Sargan,

As vkmast pointed out, I think that could end up being a really good deal for you. Hopefully by the time they get to release Movie Studio 14 in February Magix will have recognized some of the issues of the Vegas Pro 14 release and make some improvement adjustments. I wish you good luck with it.
Best Regards......George

Posted 26 Sep 2016 03:38 #9

Eagle Six wrote: Net notify, at least for me, seems as screwy as the email distribution. I get a net notify when starting Sony Vegas Pro build 453. I do not get a net notify when opening Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum, Sony Movie Studio 12 Platinum, or Magix Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum. I did get the email about the Magix Vegas Movie Studio 13p + free 14, as I previously posted.
----
On the other hand I don't really care.

My Net Notify screenshot above came from Sony VMSP 10, 11 and 12 showed it too, don't remember if it was in 13. I have no MAGIX-branded stuff.
All of this is so confusing, even disorganised that I've almost stopped caring as well.
by vkmast

• sargan
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 26 Sep 2016 05:58 #10
Plus I bought at $USD rather than gbp ... so saved there as well
by sargan

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.891 seconds