VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering at 1440p and above in MSP13

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Rendering at 1440p and above in MSP13

Posted 29 Mar 2017 03:35 #21
Hi Chief - Thanks for the insights. Just a couple of questions though.

1) What number gets looked at as far as the speed of the RAM? I thought a 1333 MHz stick was a 1333MHz stick.

2) Yes I do have a DVD burner in the case. I, at one time, ordered and installed a 480GB SSD that was the bigger version of my current 240GB SSD and I could never get the PC to recognize it. I sent it back. I don't know why it wouldn't be recognized and don't have another PC to test against so I assumed that it didn't work right. A 530 Intel is well over double (for a used one) that I paid for a brand new Toshiba OCZ. I just don't see that as an option. You wouldn't recommend getting another Toshiba and seeing if the one I had before was bad?

3) I have been watching the Tech Deals dude as well and am waiting for the growing pains of the Ryzen system to get under control. In your opinion, could I use my current GTX 950 if I should go to the Ryzen in the future? Just trying to think about not having to purchase a new GPU to go with the AMD system. The new CPU, MoBo and RAM are going to be a lot of money by themselves. Thoughts?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Rendering at 1440p and above in MSP13

Posted 29 Mar 2017 04:42 #22
Hi Kelly,

Sorry about the RAM. Think my brain was somewhere else where my eyeballs weren't reading. My bad, and sorry for any confusion. Nope, 1333 is 1333.

For the SSD, I just mentioned Intel, as know they are extremely reliable, like the motherboard you have. Intel was my brand to go to, as I wanted the stability, and really couldn't care less how high of an overclock on CPU or Memory I could get. Sure, OCZ is "kicking butt" these days. Apacer and SanDisk are good choices as well.

**Just looked up the specification on your board at Intel's site. That "RED" SATA port is for External SATA only. That would be why that drive did not show up. Intel was always a little quirky at times. Hopefully, you put it away for "safekeeping" or an "emergency" :). You are only limited to a maximum of 4 onboard SATA devices. It does show that you have Two x1 PCI-Express, that are PCI-E 2.0 compatible, slots below your graphics connector, so you could always purchase a cheap add-on SATA card. " www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158207 " Don't need a RAID one, just a controller for extra devices.**

Yep, your GTX 950 will continue to work in your next system. Derek would recommend going AMD for editing power over nVidia. As a lot of us that have "upgraded" nVidia cards over the years using Vegas Pro/Movie Studio, no discernible difference in render/preview. Heck, Adobe users are complaining more and more about nVidia cards not being supported, or providing better renders, etc. I think "tin foil hat time" nVidia is trying to get us to buy into that "Quadro" series card. Yeah, your mainstream cards are starting to cost as much as it is! "Rant Over". Good editing!

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Rendering at 1440p and above in MSP13

Posted 29 Mar 2017 07:02 #23
Hmmmm.... Now I am confused. I have my DVD plugged into the 'red' e-SATA and one of the black SATA ports is idle. How does that compute? Is the DVD somehow utilizing the open black SATA port through the red e-SATA port? What would I realistically be able to use that red e-SATA port for?

I would love to utilize both PCI-express slots, but one is covered by the GPU (it takes up the room of two slots), and one is already busy with a 3.0 USB card. What is that white bottom slot for and can it be utilized for anything useful to my plight?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Rendering at 1440p and above in MSP13

Posted 29 Mar 2017 07:16 #24
Hi Kelly,

Not sure about that one for the SATA ports. I can only go by what information you passed along and what was on the manufacturers page. As Derek might say about Vegas Pro/Movie Studio at times: "X-Files".

The bottom slot is a regular PCI slot. Would have been used for the older sound cards, earlier version of Graphics cards. You may be able to find a PCI card SATA add-on if you look around on Amazon, NewEgg, EBay, or other sites...could tide you over until that next build. Don't be surprised at the "lack of" speed though. That is why they went to PCI-Express in the first place.

Not much else I can now do for you. I would not recommend removing your USB 3.0 card, as I believe in previous post you would then have two drives connected. At least you now have a lot of information for building that next "Super Uper Duper" AMD Ryzen build, that even Joker Productions would be proud of! :)

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.788 seconds