VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Mod to mov files

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

Mod to mov files was created by pioneer

Posted 26 Feb 2018 21:11 #1
Since rebuilding my laptop I find I can no longer load my old Panasonic camcorder *.mod renamed as *.mov files into Vegas. I have read somewhere that you need quicktime installed for this to work in Vegas, however whilst I have quicktime shown as program in my apps when I run the program it just hangs and says loading. Doing a google search it seems that quicktime is no longer supported on Win10. Is there a way around this so that I can load *.mov files into Vegas please? Cheers John Update QuickTime does work as I can play *.mp4 files on it. So where can i go from here please?
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
Last Edit:26 Feb 2018 21:22 by pioneer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Mod to mov files

Posted 26 Feb 2018 21:27 #2
Why are you renaming .mod files to .mov ?
This is probably not a good idea in the first place.
Vegas can open and read .mod files by doing a simple settings change.
In the Explorer Window, set the View button to *All files - then you will see them and can import them.
If the aspect ratios look incorrect, right-click the .mod files and adjust the Properties.
The Pixel Aspect Ratio is often the setting that needs manual work, when importing .mod files.

Under normally circumstances, most cameras that produce .mod files, should come with their own import software.
The importing process converts the .mod format into usable .mpeg format (at least that's what my old Canon video camera and software could do).

Please read this FAQ on the topic of Quicktime and Vegas.
It should answer your question.
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/525-install-older-version-apple-quicktime-movie-studio-vegas-pro
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: pioneer

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

Replied by pioneer on topic Mod to mov files

Posted 26 Feb 2018 21:48 #3
Derek. You are a b****y genius. I do have software for my Panasonic camcorder but is does not work on Win10 so I have to use the built in HDD as an external HD. What would forum members such as I do without your help, thanks for the quick reply and solution. Cheers John, from snowy Surrey
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Mod to mov files

Posted 26 Feb 2018 22:59 #4
You probably would not want to bother, but have you tried installing the Panasonic software using Windows Compatibility mode?
I have been able to successfully install many Windows 7 "only" programs, using this function.
It works 90% of the time.

Right-click the installer file and go to Properties.
Then select Compatibility.
Now select which version of Windows it was made for.
Apply and run installer.
Worth a try...?

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Feb 2018 22:59 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Replied by vkmast on topic Mod to mov files

Posted 26 Feb 2018 23:28 #5
A previous discussion on the topic (with a workaround I've used for 10 years, with WinXP, 7, 10Pro). There's also this thread with more great info from Derek (linked in the same discussion).
Last Edit:26 Feb 2018 23:33 by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.819 seconds