VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Internet radio recording

Internet radio recording was created by Ioannis Margaritis

Posted 27 Nov 2015 06:46 #1
I was wandering the other day while I was listening to an internet radio here in Greece if I could record it and had the opportunity to listen it again later on and work some of it with my videos. Do you have something in your mind like an internet radio recorder? And do you know if the recorded could be used as mp3 with Sony Studio Platinum 11?
Thank you very much for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Internet radio recording using Movie Studio Platinum

Posted 27 Nov 2015 14:42 #2
Hi Ioannis

There are literally 100's of ways you could do this.
There is a way you can actually do it all within Movie Studio Platinum 11.

Step 1
Go to Options/Preferences/Audio Device
Set Audio Device Type = Windows Classic Wave Driver
Set Default Audio Recording Device = What U Hear

Step 2
Press Arm for Record and tell Movie Studio where you would like audio file to be saved to. Create new project folder for you audio recordings.

Step 3
When the Internet Radio show starts, press Record button at bottom of screen and you should see an Audio Waveform being created.
When the show ends, press Record to stop. You will be asked if you want to save the file.

Step 4
Save As Project so you don't loose anything.
Then go to Render As and select MP3 Audio - 192 Kbps or higher.
That's it !

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Nov 2015 14:51 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioannis Margaritis

Replied by TreeTops on topic Internet radio recording

Posted 28 Nov 2015 04:29 #3
Note that some computers do not have the "What U Hear" feature. My laptop did not have it. I had to purchase a external audio card to get "What U Hear"

Replied by Ioannis Margaritis on topic Internet radio recording using Movie Studio Platinum

Posted 28 Nov 2015 09:42 #4
Thanks for your answer Derek, pls note that the sound is not very loud and the created waveform is almost like a straight line. Do I miss something? I do get a sound on playback but very low. Note also that I use ''stereo mix VIA'' instead of ''what U hear''.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Internet radio recording using Movie Studio Platinum

Posted 28 Nov 2015 15:01 #5
I suggested this method first, because I thought is was a interesting way to learn more about the program you are using.

You need to go into the Windows Controls for Audio Settings.
Right-click the small Speaker icon located in bottom right corner of Windows Taskbar and select Recording Devices.

Double-click What U Hear or Stereo Mix VIA

Select Levels tab at top.
What does the slider level say? Is it set low? If so, turn it up to 100%.
Now go back to Movie Studio and do a test record. You can play back any video/audio file via Windows Media Player for the test.

If this method is not going to work for you, I will have to come up with something else.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Replied by Ioannis Margaritis on topic Internet radio recording using Movie Studio Platinum

Posted 02 Dec 2015 07:06 #6
Derek, thank you for your instructions. I have done everything you described in your msg but I could not realize a big deference, even though the slider on ''levels'' tab was at the 50 and I made it to 100. It must be something else? Also when i play the test record after the recording in Movie Studio Platinum the sound is lower than the Windows Media Player.

Posted 02 Dec 2015 12:42 #7
Can you please take screen shots showing your Playback and Recording devices information - exactly like I showed from my computer.
Right-click small speaker and go to Playback first and then Recording.
Then upload screen shots to forum here, so I can see exactly what your computer has.

If you don't know how to take a screen shot, read this article here.
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/vegas-pro/169-how-to-turn-off-tangent-function-in-vegas-pro-12-masking#552

Posted 04 Dec 2015 02:48 #8
Thanks one more time Derek,
here are the screen shot you asked for

I hope I've done it correct.
Attachments:

Posted 04 Dec 2015 02:51 #9
oups.....

one more here

the playback one....

Attachments:

Replied by TreeTops on topic Internet radio recording using Movie Studio Platinum

Posted 04 Dec 2015 04:55 #10
I still think he needs "What U Hear" which he doesn't have.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.947 seconds