VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How can I make an end screen or end plate for my youtube videos?

I want to learn how to make an end screen or end plae for my vidoes on YouTube. It seems like some people are using Gimp because it is free along with their editing software. Pic Monkey seems to only have a free trial but wants my credit card. I was trying to follow this kid’s tutorial on YouTube using his software and Gimp but he is skipping steps. I'm not very good at this sort of thing so I can really use a good step by step tutorial on how to do this.
I want to be able to show 2 or 3 videos on this end slate where people can click on them. Have a clickable subscribe button. Clickable buttons for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
So do you have this tutorial somewhere? If not, could you make one? Thank you!!
Last Edit:24 Feb 2016 14:48 by LivingFreeForever

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If you read and watch this tutorial, you learn how to add multiple videos to the same screen.
The Track Motion tool is the one you need to use.
Obviously you will have to adapt this tutorial to your own needs and scale the size of your videos to exactly what you want.
How to create Multi Screen Video FX with Sony Vegas Pro
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:24 Feb 2016 15:19 by DoctorZen

Thank you. I will watch this tomorrow. My software keeps shutting down on me. I hope my pc doesn't have another worm or virus. By the way do you think Sony Vegas is better than the Sony Movie Studio platinum 13 that I have? What does more? As I've mentioned we will be getting a new pc and new software for our boy in a few months. I'd rather get the better one so he can learn on the one. Sony Vegas seems similar to Plantinum but maybe it does more? Thanks.

Sony Vegas Pro is a professional grade program.
Movie Studio Platinum is a consumer grade program.

Movie Studio Platinum (which is part of the Movie Studio Suite version), is more than enough for most people and much more user friendly than Vegas Pro.
This is what all beginners to intermediate users should be using first, before jumping into Vegas Pro.
I have an in-depth article which explains all the major differences between Vegas Pro and Movie Studio Platinum.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/512-sony-vegas-pro-12-vs-movie-studio-platinum-12

If you computer is shutting down randomly, that has nothing to do with your Sony programs.
However it could indicate that your computers CPU is overheating and is shutting down to protect it from being destroyed.
All Video Editing programs put computers under extreme load when rendering a video, because all of the CPUs capacity is being used at once - this is normal.
If you have never opened your computer to clean the dust out, more than likely the CPU Cooler Fan is completely blocked up with a think layer of dust. This would cause the CPU to overheat and automatically shut the computer down, as part of it's protection settings.

Turn the power off to the computer and disconnect from socket.
Make sure you are not wearing clothes that create static electricity before opening and touching the insides of computer.
Open the case of your computer (normally screws at back) - it is very easy to do and something that should be done at least every 6 to 12 months.
The CPU will have a small fan and cooling fins/heatsink located on top of it.
If it is caked with dust, all the fins on heatsink will be matted with dust.
You may need a long skinny wooden stick like bamboo skewer to pull the dust out and then use Vacuum Cleaner to remove the rest.
You could also buy a can of COMPRESSED AIR from the hardware store to help shift the dust.

Once all the dust has been removed from fan, the computer should stop shutting down.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archlich

I meant to say the software is shutting down BUT I do think there is something wrong with my computer...a black screen flashes with white letters. Every time that has happened in past it was a worm/virus. But that being said I just got a message from Sony that said they had a free upgrade at thier site. I see I was only having trouble when editing the GoPro videos we made and not the other videos from our other camera or the phone camera.
We actually do what you say to our other computers but we haven't cleaned out this one since we got it last year. It is a little latpop. Dell XPS Windows 8. It cost an arm and a leg.
I'm thinking don't I need some type of "something" to move all these movie files out of my computer so it doesn't get filled up? If so, what should I get. I'm putting up video on youtube almost daily now.
I'll see if I can get Ric, my husband, to open this computer up and clean out the dust. I know our other computers always had tons of dust and dog hair. We have a lab and a chihuahua :) You are a Godsend...a saint the way you help me out. Don't go anywhere. We are friends for life lol :)
Melody I'll be sure to use your links if purchasing anything. Are you an amazon affiliate or do you have a page of what you sponsor? I am an Amazon affilaite but I don't get creidt for purchasing anything on my own link so I'd rather use someone elses :)

Most laptops only have small and slow spinning Hard Drives which are not very good for Video Editing and working with video.
You definitely don't want to be storing large video files on a laptop hard drive.
I would recommend connecting an large capacity External Hard Drive that uses USB 3.0 connectivity and spins at 7200 RPM, then move all your video files onto here.

The best way to get fast performance out of a laptop, is to replace the internal hard drive with a Solid State Drive (SSD), which is infinitely faster than HDD. Most new laptops can be ordered with an SSD now instead of slow HDDs.

If you are doing a large amount of video editing, it makes far more sense to invest in a Desktop computer.
Desktop Computers generally have much faster CPUs and can be filled with a mixture of SSDs and HDDs.
The SSD is used to store Windows and all your programs only - this will give you lightning fast Boot times, fast program updates and fast program performance.
Use large capacity internal Hard Disc Drives to store all your media.
Internally connected drives can transfer data much, much faster than external drives using USB connections.

Thank you! I think I'm going to invest in a desktop in the near future. I got the most of whatever that can fit into this laptop. I think I have the card you mentioned. I've been doing OK for now but the files are piling up and I have to get them out of this computer. Thank you :)

LivingFreeForever wrote: I'm putting up video on youtube almost daily now.

What's the name of your channel?
Ego svm post mortem.
Ego svm vltra.

LivingFreeForever.com will take you directly to our YouTube channel. Please don't make fun of my video recoding capabilities lol :) I didn't even know how to turn our camera on until a few months ago lol. My hands are not steady either. We have a lot to learn still. :) Melody

The endplate would like to make would look a little like how iiSuperwomanii channel has it at the end of her video
I was able to make something that "looked" like an endplat on powerpoint but I cant't get my videos to move like hers does. I put the thumbnail in the boxes and at YouTube I would have to put the annotation with the link to the video over the box. I haven't put up one yet. I am still practicing and trying to get it like Lily's (Superwman's channel) I think it's cool how it is moving. Or is this very difficult? As you know I'm still learning step by step how my Sony Platinum 13 works...thanks to your YouTube channel and your website :) Thank you. Melody

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.779 seconds