DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How can I make an end screen or end plate for my youtube videos?

Hi Melody,

It appears the outro slate has a background and 4 picture-in-picture videos......

The main P-N-P is the continuation of the main video, the top right P-N-P is a video without audio and is a part of another of her videos linked via YouTube annotation, the middle right P-N-P is yet another video without audio and is also linked with YouTube annotation. The lower right P-N-P is yet another smaller video with animated text "Subscribe" which is also linked using the YouTube annotation.

One way to create this is to follow the tutorial Derek mentioned previously. Instead of making the multi-screens the same size and placing them equally on the screen, make them any size you prefer and place them as you like.

The background could be a title and text, or something you make up in PowerPoint or other graphics program. Something like PhotoShop or PaintShop would probably make placing any graphics like the Twitter or FaceBook icons easier. I like to save these as .png files (png looks better in Movie Studio) and at the same resolution of your project should do.

So you would end up with at least 5 tracks for the outro slate, the background, the main video with audio, 2 other videos without audio, and the 'Subscribe' video without audio. Another alternative to the animated 'Subscribe' video would be just a stationery text box. This is a lot easier, but you may like the attention grabber of the animated text and if so, will be worth your time.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:22 Jun 2016 00:54 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: LivingFreeForever

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thanks George. I'm so tech UNsavy or "challenged" as one says but I'm going to learn this if it kills me. lol I'm might be older but I'm not dead yet lol. I have powerpoint and I have photoshop too. So photoshop seems to be where I need to be. So I leave an empty square? When I go to youtube I put the "annotaion" on square? Does that make the video live? Is that what you mean? I definitely know I have to use annotation to make it clickable but wasn't sure if that is all I needed to do to make the vdieo pop up and make movable. I'd be happy with 2 or 3 videos people can see to click on. I have no idea of to make the video I'm making continue into a small box. I saw a tutorial on that and looked VERY complicated to me....so I won't worry about that. Also, as long as the subscribe button is clickable too I'm OK. I alraedy have the button and I know I just put the annotation on top of it when I go to YouTube.
So I only need to figure out how to get the 2 videos moving with no sound. I think I can figure out the backgroud part.
Thank you again :) I'll play around with it tonight. Melody:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

LivingFreeForever wrote: So I leave an empty square? When I go to youtube I put the "annotaion" on square? Does that make the video live? Is that what you mean? I definitely know I have to use annotation to make it clickable but wasn't sure if that is all I needed to do to make the vdieo pop up and make movable

I may have confused you in a previous reply, my apology. The smaller videos playing off to the right side will be a part of your main video, not the background you make in PhotoShop. You do not have to make any squares on the background, Movie Studio will handle that (see note at end). You may want to create your 'Subscribe' button on the background and then annotate that in Youtube.

LivingFreeForever wrote: So I only need to figure out how to get the 2 videos moving with no sound.

Here is a link to Derek's Picture-in-Picture tutorial How to Create a Picture in Picture . I think you will like this. However, for your application, when he adds the first video to the lower track, you will add your background photo .png you are making in PhotShop (which is simply a still photograph). Depending on your preferences, the length of your background may be about 5 seconds when you add it to the timeline. I'm sure that will be too short for your outro, but you can easily stretch the total time of the background out to equal whatever time is necessary to stay displayed during your outro. He also explains how to remove the audio from the 2/3 smaller videos you will place in your outro.

So in Derek's tutorial, your background is going to replace his first video, and your main video that you want to play during the outro (the biggest) will be his 2nd video (just don't remove the audio from this one). Then add your 2nd video, which will be his third (and this one remove the audio). Do this step once more and you will have a background, your main video, and 2 smaller videos playing, or add even more if you like.

To clarify, your outro is simply adding additional tracks to the end portion of your main video and changing how they display. It is quite simply Pictures-in-Picture. In your case it is Videos-in-Picture, videos running within smaller windows inside your background......just like the sample you reference.

My suggestion is to watch Derek's tutorial from start to finish. Then go back to the beginning and follow along step by step (using your own sample video files, doesn't have to be special), and create exactly the same screen Picture-in-Picture layout that Derek does. At the end, you will have a good idea what you need to change to make your outro.

With that said, you are not too old, you can learn new tricks......I am proof, that regardless of age, it is the will to succeed, that will overcome a few years of age (not saying I'm smart, just saying I have managed to learn despite the generation withdraws I often experience!!!!!). As I'm sure you know....if you keep at it, there will come a time that it starts falling together, then you will be off and running. To get to that point, this forum is a resource for you to continue to use......there are no stupid questions, just stupid people who assume and don't ask the question. There is also, no answer to simple to offer to us as we learn together asking each other, and sharing out whit.

NOTE: If you would like a border around the Picture-in-Picture, it would probably be easier to create that in PhotoShop. On your background simply create the border of your desire and the size, then place it on the background as you want it to appear in the your video. Keep in mind the aspect ratio of your window borders in PhotoShop should match the aspect ratio of the videos you will place in the border area in Movie Studio.

After you watch Derek's tutorial, this should all make better sense. Then when you are making the Picture-in-Picture in Movie Studio, you simply size the videos for the various windows, to fit inside the border you created in PhotoShop. That would be a combination of sizing and positioning. It doesn't make any difference what is in the window within the border area of your background, as the video you place there in Movie Studio will cover up that area within the border.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Hey George! You are soooo kind. I like you already :) I LOVE patient people. I watched Dereks video when I first started editing but I wasn't up to speed yet on anything. I think I'm ready to learn this now.
The thing I love about Derek is how calm he is and shows the video at the PERFECT speed so I can follow. I can always rewind and rewatch when I need to. Just perect. He should win an academy award for best tutorial teacher.
Derek has been a SAINT with his step by step tutorials. I could NEVER have done it without him.
I really think I'm getting the hang of this. You are right...we are never too old if we have the determinaton. I have always had a lot of determinaton. I'm like a pit bull when I've decided to do something or learn something new. I immerse myself :)
So thank you so much for clarifying this. It actually is starting to make sense to me. I'm sure I can do this. It reminds me of Thomas The Train cartoon my boy used to watch when he was little "I think I can...I think I can" :)
Off to go practice and learn. Melody
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.850 seconds