VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved MOVIE STUDIO 13 AND WINDOWS 10

• DAVIDM
  • DAVIDM's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

MOVIE STUDIO 13 AND WINDOWS 10 was created by DAVIDM

Posted 02 Sep 2016 19:25 #1
Hi

We just upgraded our computer to Windows 10 and reinstalled MOVIE STUDIO 13
For some reason the playback it's very slow, the frames jump withouth a smooth transition and doesn't allow to save
Does somebody has any clue ?
Thank you in advance
by DAVIDM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic MOVIE STUDIO 13 AND WINDOWS 10

Posted 03 Sep 2016 01:46 #2
Hi

Have you ever used the program before this or is this the first time ever ?
Are you using Movie Studio 13 or Movie Studio Platinum 13 ?

In regards to video lag, you need to read and watch this tutorial:
Zen Tip #3: Why Is The Preview Window Lagging So Much in Sony Vegas?

If you have upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, and are experiencing problems, I recommend you do a Clean Install of Windows 10. This is the only way to guarantee a smooth operating computer into the future. A basic upgrade leaves too much garbage behind on your computer which causes lots of problems.

I have an in-depth tutorial on how to do a clean install here:
How to do a Clean Install of Windows 10

Are you logging into Windows 10 with a Microsoft Account or Local Account ?
I have found that using a Microsoft Account causes less problems than a Local Account, even though there should be no difference.

Not being able to save files/projects normally indicates a Windows Permissions problem, that is blocking the ability to save.
Have you tried running Movie Studio as the administrator ?
Right-click Movie Studio program shortcut and select Run As Administrator
This will make sure that you have full read/write ability, because the problem you are describing sounds like a Windows permissions problem. Some virus protectors are also too aggressive and cause havoc. Try temporarily turning off your virus protection and then do a save in Vegas.

There is another ridiculous setting in Windows 10 that can block a lot of normal functions. Press Windows Start and select Settings (cog). Go to Privacy/General. Turn OFF Smart Screen Filter.

Does your computer have 1 or 2 drives in it ?
If it has 1 x C-drive and a 2nd D-drive, did you re-address the Documents folder to D-Drive in master user folder ? If your Vegas Pro Projects Folder does not have correct permissions, this could cause problem.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Sep 2016 01:48 by DoctorZen

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic MOVIE STUDIO 13 AND WINDOWS 10

Posted 03 Sep 2016 02:48 #3
DavidM,
I am using SONY Movie Studio 13 Platinum Suite with Windows 10 Pro and it operates fine. I have a Dell workstation with 16GB of RAM and my graphics card is a GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB of memory. As Derek says watch his video and make sure you have the right settings in SONY Movie Studio and you should be fine. One critical component is the amount of memory on your graphics card. I would recommend nothing less than 4GB of memory, but that's just my personal opinion.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAVIDM

• DAVIDM
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by DAVIDM on topic MOVIE STUDIO 13 AND WINDOWS 10

Posted 04 Sep 2016 04:25 #4
Thank you very much Derek, I''ll check your suggestions
by DAVIDM

• DAVIDM
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Posted 04 Sep 2016 05:06 #5
I tried some of the things you suggested and already helped a lot, mostly the administrator thing Thank you again
About the drives, yeah, we have two, but I'm not sure what you meant, do you mean to have the Vegas Pro Projects Folder in the same drive as the program is ?
by DAVIDM

Replied by DoctorZen on topic MOVIE STUDIO 13 AND WINDOWS 10

Posted 04 Sep 2016 14:10 #6
By default, all master data/user folders are addressed to the C:Drive
Music, Pictures, Documents, Videos

When you have more than 1 drive on a computer, the C:Drive is mainly used for Windows and all your Programs and then most of the large Data Folders are moved to the D:Drive (D is most common, however sometimes E may be used instead). So that Windows and your programs don't get confused, make sure to change the master folders to correct new location on second large capacity Hard Drive.

Open up File Explorer and right-click blank area underneath folders on left side. Make sure Show All Folders is turned ON.
Your master User Folder should now be visible.
All main folders are located here.

Find the Documents folder, right-click and select Properties and Location tab.
If your Documents is on 2nd drive, it should be addressed to something like this.
Inside Documents is where the Movie Studio Projects folder is meant to live.
When this is set up correctly, the folder will be automatically given the correct permissions by Windows, so that files can be saved and changed with no problems
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:04 Sep 2016 14:12 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAVIDM

• DAVIDM
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Posted 04 Sep 2016 21:30 #7
Thanks a lot Derek
by DAVIDM
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds