VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Help! The beginning of my video looks like a compressed jpg. Can not find the answer anywhere.

The clip at the beginning wasn't distorted at all during rendering until I moved it to the beginning.

I am a bit confused about what you have said here and would like clarification. When you say "moved it the beginning", are you talking about the original source video direct from OBS or did you render the video and then move the "newly rendered" version into the project. Which would mean the pixelated video is NOT from OBS, but from Movie Studio.

I recommend that you try this experiment - this will only work if ALL your videos came directly from OBS and not Movie Studio. The idea of this experiment, is to see if your actual project file is corrupted. Creating a new version should remove any errors.

1. Create a new project with new project name.
2. Open a 2nd instance of Movie Studio and then copy and paste everything into the new project.
3. Try rendering now and see if pixelation disappears.
If you don't know what I mean, you can watch an old tutorial about this here:
How to Copy Media & FX using Vegas Movie Studio or Vegas Pro

If that does not work, move to next step.
4. Save a COPY of your original video clip from OBS and save with different file name (I am not taking about rendering a copy - just right-clicking video file in your Windows folder and select COPY and then PASTE).
5. Open new copy of Movie Studio project from Steps 1 & 2.
6. Go to Project Media tab - right-click original video file and select Replace, then select new COPY version of OBS video file.
7. Save As project and then try to render new version.

If pixelation occurs again, my guess is that you need to record videos in OBS with different encoder settings.
OBS has a large selection of possible combinations of settings - not all of these options are going to work well in Sony software. I am not an expert with OBS, so you need to try different settings yourself.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:15 Sep 2016 20:06 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.715 seconds