VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio Platinum 13 freezing and stopping working

• zedvin
  • zedvin's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 3

Movie Studio Platinum 13 freezing and stopping working was created by zedvin

Posted 24 Jan 2017 04:21 #1
Hi, could anyone please advise me; I have owned the software for a few months now with no issues and have successfully done some YouTube videos.

I am struggling with my latest video as the software keeps freezing and closing down. I am getting a message saying that the software has stopped working. The video is fairly basic and not much different from the others.

Could you please advise me why this is and what to do? I have Windows 10.

Many thanks
by zedvin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Movie Studio Platinum 13 freezing and stopping working

Posted 24 Jan 2017 05:27 #2
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: zedvin

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio Platinum 13 freezing and stopping working

Posted 24 Jan 2017 11:49 #3
If you still have problems after performing a reset, you need to identify what is different about this project compared to your older projects.

What happens if you re-open one of your older projects, that was made when you had no problems ?
Are the older projects still working OK ?

If older projects are still OK, you will know there is something in the new project that is causing the problem.

Are you using a different type of video in the project ?
Where are your videos coming from ?

Are you using any Video FX ?
If so, which ones ?

Did you install any new Video FX plugins recently ?
If so, which ones ?

Did you install any different programs on your computer recently ?

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• zedvin
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by zedvin on topic Movie Studio Platinum 13 freezing and stopping working

Posted 25 Jan 2017 00:32 #4
Hi, thank you to you both for your replies.

I have reset it but it has come back wrong. In advanced mode there is no preview window and the add media section is no longer there. If I pull it down it is just blank underneath. Everything is high up the screen.

How do I fix this please.
by zedvin

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio Platinum 13 freezing and stopping working

Posted 25 Jan 2017 00:48 #5
Resetting the program should always default the entire program and User Interface layout, if you followed the instructions here precisely.
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings

Because you mentioned Advanced Mode, you must be using Movie Studio Platinum 13.
Immediately after a successful reset, you will be greeted with this view first:

Then this window:

After pressing the BLUE X in top right corner and then pressing Advanced, you will finally see this:

Another thing you can do to default the Main window is this:
Go to View/Window Layouts/Default Layout
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Jan 2017 13:48 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

• zedvin
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by zedvin on topic Movie Studio Platinum 13 freezing and stopping working

Posted 25 Jan 2017 22:49 #6
Hi Derek, thank you for your help. It has now come back correctly using the default setting.

I will try the film and see if this has fixed it.
Last Edit:17 Feb 2017 23:08 by zedvin
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.001 seconds