VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio 14 Platinum and New Blue FX plugin

• tony
  • tony's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 5

Movie Studio 14 Platinum and New Blue FX plugin was created by tony

Posted 25 Feb 2017 04:05 #1
I know I'm getting on in years but I'm stuck with a simple problem.

I've downloaded the Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum trial along with the files for New Blue FX, Architect Studio and Magix Music Maker.

But for the life of me I can't find how to associate the New Blue FX plugins with Movie Studio 14 Platinum.

Can anyone help please?
Last Edit:25 Mar 2017 19:41 by tony
The following user(s) said Thank You: pbpieboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio 14 Platinum and New Blue FX plugin

Posted 25 Feb 2017 12:16 #2
[IMG

I have been overwhelmed with a large number of people messaging me, about the problems related to Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 and Vegas Movie Studio Suite 14.

Instead of spending hours replying to each person, I am trying to make a video instead that will go through the issues and solutions.

Thank you.

[IMG
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tony, Videome, pbpieboy

• tony
  • tony's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by tony on topic Movie Studio 14 Platinum and New Blue FX plugin

Posted 26 Feb 2017 01:09 #3
Derek,

Many thanks for your reply. I know you will be busy with the problems and look forward to your upcoming videosthat will hopefully offer some solutions.

Many Thanks
Tony
by tony

Replied by Videome on topic Movie Studio 14 Platinum and New Blue FX plugin

Posted 26 Feb 2017 02:36 #4
Many thank's Derek for your suggestion of a video tutorial. Looking forward to it.

At the moment I have a nearly working VMS_13 Platinum after deleting all my New Blue products in an attempt to resolve the issues with VMS_14 Platinum. Yesterday I got VMS_12 and VMS_13 limping back to life. This morning they were dead again and would not start. Even attempting the CTRL + SHIFT key start up trick to clear the cache out, the would not fire up.

This line from the error message panel helped me discover and resolve the problem causing them both to crash at the creating plug-ins part of start up.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins\NewBlueFX\Elements.ofx.bundle\Contents\Win64\Elements.ofx

I searched on line for other users who have experienced plug-in related crashes. I found out that if you delete the total folder structure within the Common Files folder starting at OFX\ both version 12 and 13 fired up. There was an initial long delay at the 'Creating Windows' part of start up, but they are running now. I still have not resolved the plug-ins issues as it keeps telling me I am on a trial version and will not accept my serial numbers. I am in contact with New Blue.

I hope other forum members my find this experience useful. For those who have never tried the CTRL + SHIFT keys being held down whilst double clicking the start up icon may come in handy too. Do not release the keys until, Movie Studio is fully up and running.

I still have not got a working VMS_14. Its not even re-installed yet as I have been trying to rescue VMS_13.
by Videome

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio 14 Platinum and New Blue FX plugin

Posted 26 Feb 2017 20:22 #5

This line from the error message panel helped me discover and resolve the problem causing them both to crash at the creating plug-ins part of start up.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins\NewBlueFX\Elements.ofx.bundle\Contents\Win64\Elements.ofx

I experienced the exact same problem as yourself.
This is how to get programs opening again.

1. Un-install all New Blue FX.
2. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins\NewBlueFX and delete folder "NewBlueFX"

Programs that won't open up, should now work.
You should also be able to perform a full program reset once again if required.

I have had 3 tries at making a video about all the problems with Vegas Movie Studio 14.
My last attempt on Saturday morning was way too angry, so I decided to step away from everything for the rest of the weekend.
On Monday I make a new video and remain calm.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Feb 2017 20:25 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: descondon, Videome

Replied by descondon on topic Movie Studio 14 Platinum and New Blue FX plugin

Posted 26 Feb 2017 21:57 #6
Looked very much like a good solution, Derek, I followed your instructions and then tested NewBlue Titler EX in Vegas MSP 14 but unfortunately still no change. I logged out and back in using NB Application Manager and, as before, Titler EX is showing as Activated and Current.

Bearing in mind there are two lists of Program Files I deleted NewBlue and NewBlueFX from both Program Files and Program Files (x86). Titler EX is still not working.

Interestingly, NewBlue 3D Transitions continued to work with of without the plugs-ins in the Common Files.

Replied by Videome on topic Movie Studio 14 Platinum and New Blue FX plugin

Posted 01 Mar 2017 04:49 #7
Last Edit:01 Mar 2017 04:54 by Videome
The following user(s) said Thank You: tony

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.742 seconds