VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Deleted Basically no ability for Titling in MS14 Suite, Seriously MAGIX? NEWBLUEFX?

• NJGUY
  • NJGUY's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 7
I am fuming.. Just got a reply from New Blue they said that the Watermark is supposed to be there in the Titling EX.. Basically they are saying we do not get the Titling EX included.. The Title Pro 'Express' is very express so much so theres nothing in it.. is pretty much useless the only thing we can change is the text not even the font.. So in essence we DO NOT GET A TITLER in MS14!!!! That is ridiculous..
Last Edit:04 Mar 2017 00:06 by NJGUY
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• NJGUY
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by NJGUY on topic Basically no ability for Titling in MS14 Suite

Posted 03 Mar 2017 23:37 #2
Comments removed because of a change of heart..
Last Edit:09 Apr 2017 00:35 by NJGUY

NJGUY wrote: You prevent us from using our plugins from previous MS versions give us an empty shell called Express now we have no Titling capabilities.. You tell us if we want to do Titles we should buy Titler Pro 5.. How much is that? $299

I quite agree, its a bad deal which is why I did this:-
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/1361-vegas-ms-14-no-access-to-newblue-titler-new-or-existing?start=10#6494

Despite getting this message from 'New Blue':-
Edward (NewBlueFX)

Feb 27, 04:36 PST

If you use TitlerEx in Movie Studio 14, you will get a watermark. In Movie Studio 12 & 13 you will not.

If you use Titler Pro Express in Movie Studio 14, you will not get a watermark.

NewBlueFX

The latter part of this message was true only on the initial installation. Since re-installing VMS_14, Titler Pro Express has not appeared. I too have been tempted to swing back to 'AVID Pinnacle Ultimate 20', there is still a good offer on at the moment. Earlier version 16 is still on my system and the only complaint I had for that one was the time it took to start up as it referenced all media files across all registered drives whilst checking for changes.
Last Edit:04 Mar 2017 01:47 by Videome

• NJGUY
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
Deleted..
Last Edit:09 Apr 2017 00:35 by NJGUY

I will keep VMS_14 too.
However I have been tempted by an excellent upgrade offer today for my Avid Pinnacle version 16. I have a number of AVID projects around 70. I have these AVID projects most of which can be appended. As this is my main hobby, it will enthrall me getting to use the new features which are extensive. Their culture is Disc or Movie projects and its easy to copy and paste to covert from one to the other.

They have offered me an upgrade at less than £30 or $39 from my version 16 to the latest version 20. It involves New Blue of course.

NEW! NewBlue Video Essentials 3 — Easily split screens, spotlight areas of interest, smooth edges or improve contrast
NewBlue Video Essentials 2 — Create a vignette, swap specific colors in a scene, add picture-in-picture, and correct lens distortion
NewBlue Video Essentials 4 — Turn day into night, create reflections, touch up skin and more
NewBlue Video Essentials 6 — Remove subtle imperfections, replicate footage into a video wall, magnify a video segment for emphasis
NewBlue Video Essentials 7 — Avoid tedious keyframing when applying pixelation, easily pan and zoom on still or video, and more
NewBlue Stabilizer — Stabilize shaky video to easily create steady footage
NewBlue Motion Blends — Video transitions that twist, turn, zoom, smear and spin
NewBlue Light Blends — Light-inspired scene transitions with light flairs, orbs, rays, strobes and more
NewBlue Film Effects — Create an authentic, old school film look with blemishes, jitters, spots, scratches and graininess

Since I bought 16, there have been major improvements on all aspects.

I am going for this upgrade, its too good to miss, if nothing else, it keeps the brain alive and kicking.
by Videome

• NJGUY
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
It sounds good for that price.. Is Avid good? Better than MS14?
by NJGUY

NJGUY wrote: Is Avid good? Better than MS14?

There are several differences. Plus, its been a while since I used AVID Pinnacle in anger. I would say that VMS_13 has the edge over Avid. The new Ultimate version 20 has many new features I have been looking at for several months. However there are some AVID methods that are superior to VMS. The uploading of video is easier and the creation of DVD's is simpler. The reason DVD creation is simpler is, it is part of the program and not a separate complex product like DVD architect. Its all in the same window when you choose to create a Disc project. There are no limits on video tracks and composite laying is simpler

I will not at this stage give up on Vegas as there are a lot of things going for it. But this turn of events that you and I and many other users are experiencing I believe has forced me to hedge my bets against further developments with Magix. In particular, support. It looks like their policy is support for a year and then pay up if you want upgrades or even for them to discuss any problems with the product. I have never seen that attitude with AVID. I started video editing many years ago with Pinnacle Studio version 4 or 5 I think. Its always been a very polished product and stable. Incidentally another German based company that has their main product as high end professional film and TV production suites.

For anyone else reading this post, if you do not already own an Avid product, it would be expensive to switch now. Unless you could purchase a cheap earlier unregistered version and then upgrade.

My version 20 64 bit ultimate is downloading as I write this. Probably heresy writing this here. My apologies to Derek, AKA Dr Zen.
by Videome

• NJGUY
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
I think Derek would understand.. Our anger is justified.. We are more disappointed than anything else.. I remember with pinnacle of the past they made you buy everything all the addons.. Do they still do this?
by NJGUY

Videome wrote: I will not at this stage give up on Vegas as there are a lot of things going for it. But this turn of events that you and I and many other users are experiencing I believe has forced me to hedge my bets against further developments with Magix. In particular, support. It looks like their policy is support for a year and then pay up if you want upgrades or even for them to discuss any problems with the product. I have never seen that attitude with AVID. I started video editing many years ago with Pinnacle Studio version 4 or 5 I think. Its always been a very polished product and stable. Incidentally another German based company that has their main product as high end professional film and TV production suites.

This was discussed on the M Vegas forum recently. I got this reply from the MAGIX VEGAS PO.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Videome

Thank you, Interesting. They are not committing either way by the sound of that reply you received.
by Videome

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.106 seconds