DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio crash

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio crash

Posted 06 Oct 2017 09:44 #11
Thanks to vkmast for helping out :)
Some of the best people on the Internet are found on community forums.

Some comments for you strowbridge1

After resetting Movie Studio Platinum 13, make sure to go to:
Options/Preferences/Video/GPU Acceleration
This is where you turn on your Graphics Card - GTX 750 ti should be seen by Movie Studio.
It can't help with rendering video, but it will help to improve GPU accelerated Video FX and playback in the Preview Window.

The setting you see for Preview Device Preferences is perfectly normal.
Windows Graphics Card is what 99% of all users see (including myself), for this setting.
Windows Graphics Card means your default graphics card is being used, which in your case is the GTX 750 ti

I would not be mucking around with CPU settings.
Leave your CPU at default settings.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:06 Oct 2017 09:46 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: strowbridge1, vkmast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by strowbridge1 on topic Movie Studio crash

Posted 06 Oct 2017 10:00 #12
Thanks guys for all your help...I'm new to this forum, but already getting great response !
Oh yeah, what about setting the CPU usage to something less than 100% ...is that necessary?

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio crash

Posted 06 Oct 2017 10:15 #13

strowbridge1 wrote: Thanks guys for all your help...I'm new to this forum, but already getting great response !
Oh yeah, what about setting the CPU usage to something less than 100% ...is that necessary?

I would never muck around with CPU settings for individual programs.
Leave it at default settings.

Your computer, CPU and Movie Studio can handle all that stuff automatically !
Video Editing programs are incredibly complex - there are a huge amount of different variables for each project and each persons computer.
"one size / one solution" does not fit for all.

When you are using any Video Editing program, you really should only be using just that program and don't start opening other programs at the same time. Especially when you are rendering video! Let Movie Studio use all the computing power you have, unless you are using a modern AMD Ryzen 8x Core or Intel 8x Core CPU. These newer CPUs which are have been released this year, can handle heavy loaded multiple tasks at the same time.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:06 Oct 2017 10:16 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.117 seconds