VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Merged Upgrading from Movie Studio 12 to Movie Studio 14

Replied by vkmast on topic Upgrading from Movie Studio 12 to Movie Studio 14

Posted 07 Nov 2017 20:09 #11

DoctorZen wrote: ---Magix made a last minute change and have decided to run the Black Friday promotion for entire month of November---

It seems this change did not make it to the official sites yet:(

by vkmast
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Upgrading from Movie Studio 12 to Movie Studio 14

Posted 07 Nov 2017 21:33 #12
Clicking Derek's link for Platinum I get

Clicking on that page's Upgrade button I get

So the upgrade price is $10 cheaper but expires today whereas the "normal" price special deal has eight days to go.
by ericlnz
Attachments:

Posted 07 Nov 2017 21:43 #13
ericlnz, that is similar to what I see. I expect the valid until date will be extended as DoctorZen wrote, may be gradual.
by vkmast

Posted 07 Nov 2017 22:00 #14
It's all very confusing but then so is "Black Friday" to us outside the US. To us Black Friday is any Friday that falls on the 13th of the month!
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Upgrading from Movie Studio 12 to Movie Studio 14

Posted 07 Nov 2017 22:16 #15
Sale prices will definitely last all month.
Whoever manages websites at Magix, has not updated new info yet.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by targa912 on topic Upgrading from Movie Studio 12 to Movie Studio 14

Posted 08 Nov 2017 01:50 #16
Think I am making progress. Still can't register but received email from them and they suggested signing in as a guest and entering my info. They also added DVD Backup for $19. What is this? I do make dvd's and my current project requires dvd's so is this a good idea. Thought that was what Architect does.

Posted 08 Nov 2017 01:53 #17
The DVD backup is usually a copy of your downloadable software on disc.
Last Edit:08 Nov 2017 01:56 by vkmast

Posted 08 Nov 2017 08:05 #18
Getting closer!! Ordered the Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 upgrade at the $79 price as instructed in their response as they said the price adjustment would be made at checkout to the $39 price. Good news I received the program. Bad news I was charged $79. Good news, I sent and email asking to have the price adjusted and they responded quickly. Bad news they wanted more information. Good news I sent it. Waiting to hear back. Bad news is I have to get started on my project. I'm thinking they have sent me the Suite program rather then the Platinum. Don't need the things that come with the Suite. So I'm going to get started with what they sent and hope if I have to reorder the Platinum that I won't lose the work I have already done on what I have.

Posted 08 Nov 2017 10:07 #19
After watching Beginner video, decided I do have Platinum, just need a price adjustment on it. Also have set preferences. Thank's for the video Derek. Any idea when you will have a more advanced video on VMS 14?

Posted 08 Nov 2017 10:12 #20
If you have received the Suite then it is Platinum plus extras. The actual editor Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum is the same. So you won't lose any projects you are working on. But if you use any TP FX that come with the Suite, but not with just Platinum, they may not be available when you uninstall the extra Suite items, should you do so. Maybe you haven't installed them anyway.
by ericlnz

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.911 seconds