VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Voice recording is cut off

Voice recording is cut off was created by huskereurocat

Posted 11 Dec 2017 17:23 #1
Since I reinstalled MSP13 I have had issues with the clips of my recording. The very first word will be chopped off if I don't wait a good amount of time. Maybe a 1/2 or full second in some cases out of sync and this is really irritating since when I am recording the wave form that is produced is accurate. It's just that when I finish that clip it re-calibrates, or something, and I have the first word chopped off. I thought that I could just lengthen the front end of the clip and it is at the beginning of the clip so it won't go any further. Anyone no what setting I may have buggered for this to happen? I've been through audio and audio device in preferences and nothing has changed. I have all the prefs captured for reference.
Help please!
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:12 Dec 2017 00:10 by huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Voice recording is cut off

Posted 12 Dec 2017 00:12 #2
Make sure you do a full reset of the program.
Simply re-installing the program, does not default any of the settings if something is wrong.

Instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Voice recording is cut off

Posted 12 Dec 2017 05:32 #3
I can't get that to work on my system. It just keeps booting right into the MSP13 program. I made sure to follow all the instructions, because I had to create an icon on my desktop as well. I do not have the trial version, but do have the latest (987) build of the paid program. Any other thoughts? I just can't think why this wouldn't be working on my system.
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Voice recording is cut off

Posted 12 Dec 2017 10:54 #4
Don't install the "Magix" version of Movie Studio Platinum 13.
Build #987 is the Magix version and causes some problems for some people, because licensing information is different.
There is absolutely no need or benefit in installing this version.

If you still have it on your computer, I recommend un-installing Movie Studio and then re-installing the "Sony" version.
The final build version for Movie Studio Platinum 13 ever released was build #955
Use build #955 and not #987.

You can still manually delete the Movie Studio temporary files cache.
Open Movie Studio and go to Options/Preferences/General
Copy the temporary files folder location address.
Close Movie Studio.
Then open Documents on your computer and Paste the address into File Explorer address bar at top of window.
Delete everything in this folder.
When you re-boot Movie Studio, anything important will be regenerated.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Voice recording is cut off

Posted 12 Dec 2017 11:28 #5
Unfortunately I only have a Magix version. It is the build right prior to the 987 build (981 I think), so I may need to be happy with the results of cleaning out the cache. Unless, you think that I would benefit from going back to my original build.

Replied by vkmast on topic Voice recording is cut off

Posted 12 Dec 2017 23:00 #6
Last Edit:02 Jan 2018 07:31 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, huskereurocat

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.824 seconds