VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Splicing projects - how to copy one project into a different one

I have recently started using Movie Studio Platinum 14 and I have a question.
Can I make two projects and then splice them together to make one movie?
Last Edit:03 Mar 2018 16:26 by stephenlc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi stephenlc and welcome to the forum.

I'm sure people use many different methods, but this is the one I use.
You can actually open 2x instances of Vegas at the same time.
After you have booted up Vegas and loaded your first project, go back to the quick-launch icon on your desktop and boot up Vegas a second time.
Open your 2nd project in second copy of Vegas.

Now you can use CTRL + C (Copy) and/or Shift+C (Copy) and select large chunks of one project and paste CTRL+V into the other.
I recommend not trying to copy too much in one go.
It's best to copy "chunks/sections" at one time, do a quick Save As in the Master project, and then copy remaining sections until your are finished.

Tip: You need to click on top and select all track components for the Copy to work. You will see a yellow border around everything that has been selected.

I do have an ancient tutorial on this topic here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/82-how-to-copy-media-and-fx-from-one-project-into-another-using-vegas-movie-studio-or-vegas-pro

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:15 Mar 2018 23:17 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: stephenlc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.796 seconds