vegas pro 16 728x90 2018 12 sale

vegas ms 15 728x90 2018 12 sale 50 off

check Solved Low memory error when trying to record into timeline

• huskereurocat
  • huskereurocat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Zen Student Advanced
  • Zen Student Advanced
  • Remember not to sweat the petty things and yet not pet the sweaty things!
  • Thank you received: 24

Low memory error when trying to record into timeline was created by huskereurocat

I don't quite understand why I would be getting this error and maybe someone does. When making a new project, I went to set up the record function in my timeline and I got the error below that said that I was low on memory. I ran Ccleaner although I had a 100 GB of free space on my M.2 C: drive. I changed the temp folder in MSP 15 anyway to a larger SSD as noted below. I still get the error when I try to record. Can anyone tell me another reason that I might be getting this error? I also have 16GB of RAM in my system, and according to the task manager only 16% of that is being used currently.

Edit: I just had another error popup. This time I was attempting a simple playback of the timeline and I got the error below.

I don't know if this has anything to do with this, but I ran the vidcap60.exe program that is in the MSP 15.0 programs folder on the C: drive and it is telling me that Dxtory could not be opened. I can't find a preference that let's me change programs so I don't know where to go from here. I reinstalled the latest version of Dxtory and I still get the error message. I also reinstalled the MSP 15.0 program too and that had no affect.
02 Dec 2018 17:58 #1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1147

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Low memory error when trying to record into timeline

The first thing I recommend you do is full program reset of Vegas.
Simply re-installing Vegas does not reset some functions.
With all the Drive space you have available, there is no need to change the Temporary Files Folder location - I have found that Vegas will sometimes not like it if you move certain folders off the C-Drive.

When you set up Audio Recording on the Vegas timeline, do you have a project open on the timeline OR is it a blank new project ?

If you do have a project open at the same time, have you tried recording inside an empty project ?

Make sure that just before you attempt to record that you re-boot your computer.
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
03 Dec 2018 09:05 #2

• huskereurocat
  • Zen Student Advanced
  • Zen Student Advanced

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Low memory error when trying to record into timeline

Well, I think I really messed things up. Before I got this message, I tried to uninstall some windows updates and while trying to discover how far along in the process it was (it was almost 4 hours that it was on the welcome screen), I stopped the process of the uninstall. So now I have errors for multiple programs and when it comes to the MSP 15.0 program, if I try to uninstall via the control panel, it says the program can't be found on my system. If I try to install it, I get a message that the program is already on my PC and if I try to start the program from the Programs folder I get a Error: -59. If I click OK on that, I get another error screen that says I don't have a license for this software, yet doesn't have a license entry screen. I cleaned my registry with Ccleaner and I still see the same errors.
Unless someone has a better idea I think it may be time to erase the drive and start over with a fresh copy of Windows 10. Thoughts?
Remember that all my user files like the documents and downloads folders are on a separate drive so I haven't lost any of that information. The C: drive is just my OS M.2 SSD and that is what would be wiped and re-installed on.
03 Dec 2018 12:44 #3

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Low memory error when trying to record into timeline

It sounds like your Windows 10 installation has become corrupted.
There is no reason to uninstall Windows 10 updates and I would not try and do this myself unless there has been a specific alert from Microsoft.

I know it's a pain to do, but I recommend you do a clean install of Windows 10.
I have had personal experience with Windows cascading into a disaster zone, after trying to repair different programs.
The latest version of Windows 10 is the best version of Windows 10 I have seen and used so far - it seems to boot up a lot faster and the installer is much more streamlined now. 2 weeks ago I did a clean install of Windows 10 on my parents computer. Something they had installed (maybe a program the grand kids installed), had totally screwed up Windows.

I have a guide for how to do a clean install of Windows 10.
You can jump straight to this section of the guide and use this link to download Windows 10.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-video-editing/548-how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10#c1

Use the Download Tool Now button and burn the installer onto a DVD or blank USB Drive.

I was dreading having to do this, but was surprised with how easy it was to do this time.
Programs like Vegas rely on many different background Microsoft programs to work correctly, so if something goes wrong in Windows, it can really screw with Vegas.
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
03 Dec 2018 13:58 #4

• huskereurocat
  • Zen Student Advanced
  • Zen Student Advanced

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Low memory error when trying to record into timeline

Thanks for the information. I wiped my OS SSD and reinstalled W10 with the updates. After reinstalling MSP 15.0, it works just fine now. :cheer:

Just to pass on this tidbit that I learned from being on-line with support at the Open Broadcaster Studio discord channel.....If anyone is utilizing the Game Bar or Game Mode feature in W10, it doesn't play very nice with display capture software like OBS and Dxtory. It is best to have a 3rd party anti-virus (I use Malwarebytes, but there are plenty of others) and turn that Game Mode off if you're recording. Most likely MS designed the Game Mode to compete against the display capture companies since it has a display capture feature of its own. Not nearly as good as OBS, but it is definitely there and causing issues. I turned it completely off in regedit and they have detailed instructions on how to do it on the discord channel. Normally regedit isn't the safest option unless you really know what you're doing.

Thanks again Doc!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
07 Dec 2018 10:15 #5

huskereurocat wrote: Thanks for the information. I wiped my OS SSD and reinstalled W10 with the updates. After reinstalling MSP 15.0, it works just fine now. :cheer:

Just to pass on this tidbit that I learned from being on-line with support at the Open Broadcaster Studio discord channel.....If anyone is utilizing the Game Bar or Game Mode feature in W10, it doesn't play very nice with display capture software like OBS and Dxtory. It is best to have a 3rd party anti-virus (I use Malwarebytes, but there are plenty of others) and turn that Game Mode off if you're recording. Most likely MS designed the Game Mode to compete against the display capture companies since it has a display capture feature of its own. Not nearly as good as OBS, but it is definitely there and causing issues. I turned it completely off in regedit and they have detailed instructions on how to do it on the discord channel. Normally regedit isn't the safest option unless you really know what you're doing.

Thanks again Doc!!

Thanks for the report back :!: :idea: :woohoo:
A new member on the MSZ Forum has had problems with MS Game Bar as well this week.
Apparently it only records in Variable Frame Rate instead of Constant Frame Rate, which makes it impossible to edit in Vegas - you need to convert it before editing.

I have also learnt a few tricks about turning things of in the Windows Registry - it's the only place that works for some annoying problems!

Cheers :)
07 Dec 2018 13:26 #6

Moderators: DoctorZen

vegas ms 15 728x90 2018 12 sale 50 off

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Zen Social Media

MOVIESTUDIOZEN.COM

© Copyright 2018. Movie Studio Zen. All Rights Reserved.

Support Movie Studio Zen

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

Translate Language

MSZ Security

Positive SSL